Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2014 - 1500 @ 96k miles is dead once again. Transmission wont shift above 3rd/ 4th gear, when it tries it looses sync, engine revs and slams into gear, drops out of gear and slams again.... So its gone for the 4th time.

Opened a case again with RAM but last time it got us nothing. They wouldnt even cover a rental.

Does anyone have any workarounds to get up a level with customer service on this issue? I am extremely glad it is under 100k but in total this van has been out of service for almost 20 weeks since we bought it less then 36 months ago.

I am beyond sick in this thing and if i was not so upside down in resale value it would be long gone.

·
Registered
37 Posts
FCA regional manager is next up. After you escalate through all of FCA's proper channels and they fail you. The last resort is the Executive Email Carpet Bomb. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/05/...umer-self-advocacy-tool-youve-never-used.html

Before email/internet, I did a variation by telephone when I bought my Audi. I ordered, changed my mind on something but before it reached production. Sales guy was very flippant "too late, you're **** out of luck". Now I was not in the right, but his attitude made me angry given I was paying a lot of money. I called Audi Corporate in Ingolstadt, Germany. Not easy since I don't speak German and not many low level Audi employees speak English. I was trying to talk to Ferdinand Peich, then Audi CEO. Eventually I got someone who spoke English higher up. The next day, the sales guy called me to ask "the order still can't be changed but we will do whatever we need to do to make you happy". And they did and I got what I wanted. Even though I still wasn't in the right according to their procedures.

The point is you will never get to talk to the CEO but they have minions whose job is to intercept people like you and me and make our problems go away before they reach the CEO. It worked for me on that instance. I understand your problem is one that will cost FCA some money so they may be more resistant. Good luck!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Strange, when my tranny broke at 94,000 they covered part of my tow in and my rental until it was fixed.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Other than just being persistent, the only good advice I can give you is to try another dealer. What you are describing sounds more like a control problem than a mechanical problem, so I'd be looking very carefully at all 20 pins and wires that come out of the big connector on the front of the trans. Good spot for rodent chewing wires or a poor connection. I'd also be suspicious that the dealer was dumb enough to use the wrong fluid - that would cause the problem you describe. Low fluid level could also cause that (maybe) so I'd look close for evidence of leaks. But no matter how you slice it, that problem should be easy to accurately diagnose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
at least i am not alone. my 3.6lt has had the trany fail four times now in 110000 km with over 37 working days down time

i miss my chev

·
Super Moderator
10,225 Posts
This is a rare problem so I would have to say it's not really the transmission but something else such as electronics or bad torque converter, flywheel, wrong oil as suggested above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts