Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else getting these notifications for this Recall? S44 / NHTSA 16V-461

About a month ago, I got the first notice saying there was an issue with it, but no replacement parts were available yet and now I just got the one saying they have the new part now and to make the appointment with my dealership.

I called them and made the appointment. They said they need the van for two days max. They've done two of the recalls so far and are getting faster at it, but for now, that's the deal.

I'm partially concerned about it as I am going on a 1,200 mile road trip in mid Sept....and the recall appointment is Sept. 7th. I don't want the original part to fail on my trip, but I don't want there to be any issues with the newly installed part on the trip either.....lol.

2016 ProMaster 3500, Gas, with 5,500 miles..... Should I wait until I get back from the trip or do it before I leave? :)

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I have a 2014 1500 and a 2015 3500 Diesel and haven't got the recall yet. Maybe it's only for 2016 models or gas engines only, as the transmission is different.
But in your case I would wait till after the September trip. If they start on your vehicle and have parts complications then you will have to cancel your trip.
I don't think it is that critical to get the parts changed. I would definitely wait till after. By that time your dealer will get better experience and get it done in better time.
Good luck !

·
Registered
538 Posts
IME it is never a good idea to start out on a long trip right after major maintenance has been done. Get it done after the trip then you can "proof" their work around town at your leisure.

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Registered
'16 2500 159 HT Granite Window - OH(io)
366 Posts
I have a 2016 2500 HighRoof LWB Window that was built in the above time frame, but no recall yet.
But, I didn't get the recall for the trailer brake light module either, and mine was defective. Go figure.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I didn't receive mine yet. My van fits into the recall as per the data above. Now that being said, I got mine used so is there something I have to do to get on their mailing list for recalls? Not looking forward to having some dealer kid tear my van all apart. I have a trip to the beach planed in 2 weeks about 1000 miles round trip. if I don't hear anything by than ill call a dealer up when I get back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read the bulletin on what is required in this repair. Seems to me a lot of components being put at risk of being put together properly over a pump that may or may not fail. Dealer says he has parts and can do it in two days. It pays 6 hours so from a difficulty standard, it ranks up there. I'm wondering if this will set the dominoes falling, and should we let some guy at a dealership tear up the whole undercarriage of a van we put 3 grand in upgrades on...

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,491 Posts
Sorry about the bad links. I deleted that post as the link will time out. Here's the steps to view all bulletins. Don't enter any thing just click.
https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/products/?category=1
click one of the gold boxes in the middle of the page "Preview techauthority online" next page.
Left column near bottom click "What's New In Service Bulletins/Recalls" a pdf opens, right click a blank spot to open and click "show navigation buttons", open the search icon type VF vf is the promaster and should list all bullitins for the city type VM. I hope this works for everyone.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Not me. Glad I jumped on a 2014!

·
Registered
468 Posts
my van fits the build date which starts at 8/15. my van was built in 8/15. but today I looked it up on rams website with my vin and the only recall outstanding in the trailer light issue. so maybe I got lucky. I'm going to stop at the dealer Monday cause I have a small transmission leak, and I'm having the low coolant issue but cant track down the leak. and just to be safe I'm going to change oil again before my warranty is up and send a sample out to be tested and make sure water is not getting into the motor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts