Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
i think i ought to go for the factory remanufactured over rebuilt since they replace all the moving parts rather than just the ones that are visibly worn.
I could be wrong, but there is no such thing as factory reman. To be so, they’d have to ship your transmission to the factory in Indiana.
Reman is just another word for rebuilt. Many companies take in cores, a guy rebuilds it, and they re-sell it. Some, but not all, transmission shops rebuild it right there themselves, but your shop doesnt because why else would they want to sell you a reman.

look up Jasper and 62te. If you can find a price, thats about what the trans shop pays for it before they mark it up to you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
towed it to another trans shop. let 'em know about the recall circumstances. they too claim it's an internal to the trans issue. yadda yadda trouble shifting, metal shavings in the fluid. they wanna replace for $4500 w/ a remanufactured trans. they say it's as good as new (which they'd have trouble sourcing) and arguably better since it's been updated. anyone know more about remanufactured transmissions?
I bought my hightop 159" PM with 123K on the engine. The young man who did a fine job doing the camper conversion over the winter of 2019-2020 developed transmission problems during a month long trip to Colorado. He got in back to California and had a Mopar remanufactured 62te installed for $5500. I have put 4 thousand more miles on it and it performs perfectly. I once watched a video showing why Mopar remans are superior to competitors. Go for it!

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
My Mopar rebuilt transmission only lasted a few months before thry had to replace it with a factory new one (under warranty).

21 - 23 of 23 Posts