Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than 24 hours since we picked up our new 2016 Gas van and the the check engine light came on. We were near the dealer so it went right back to them in the late afternoon. They say it has some transmission error codes. It had a few hard shifts and I am not certain the manual shift was working properly.

Am waiting today to see what they say.

·
Registered
5 Posts
do know there is a new recall just released for the transmission pump. That's what failed on mine. Two days after I got the letter.

Word is its a valve body. Part will be here this afternoon or early tomorrow. I will supposedly get my van back tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up the van this morning and it is running well.

In the end they said they did not need to remove the transmission which is a relief. However the valve body appears to be a very large piece that attaches to the transmission form the pictures they showed me. It was describes as the mechanical-electronic interface between the transmission and the computer.

I trying to be optimistic about this. Better to have this happen quickly and get fixed rather than have it happen when I have 14000 miles on it and I am in the middle of Yellowstone National Park.

·
Premium Member
8,832 Posts
Better still if it didn’t happen. Chrysler has made an unbelievable number of these transmissions and just as you would expect from a piece of complex equipment there are a few failures, it is to be expected. I am impressed yours was repaired in good time. You should be fine put some miles on it and.... go to Yellowstone NP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts