Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a hitch and harness on my PM and am having some problems with it. The trailer lights work great, but they stay on when the van is off. I used a volt meter and sure enough, I'm getting 12 volts when everything is shut down.

Anyone else have this problem? I will take it in at some point as it seems as those this is a pre existing condition and covered under warranty... I just have a rafting trip coming up and don't have enough time to get to check out before then... so I was hoping someone else had the same problem and there is a 'quick' fix.

Thanks in advance... these boards have helped me tremendously throughout my build
Jim

·
Super Moderator
10,485 Posts
Did you use the Curt wiring harness? It's plug and go and no one had reported any problems with it at all.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Maybe try this... turn your lights OFF before you turn your key off and remove, lock the van. Then wait 12 minutes to see if the trailer lights go out on their own.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sounds like the box went bad, it's not unheard of. Curt will get you another mailed out with a return shipping slip if you call, assuming it's not too old.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did you use the Curt wiring harness? It's plug and go and no one had reported any problems with it at all.
That is likely true, but I did have to return the first one I got. I was getting one of the wires hot all the time, I don't remember which one it's been months ago. I never had it hooked up to trailer to see the lights stay on , but when my tester is plugged in and says it's hot, they would have been. I replaced on in my suburban couple years ago, and the one in my sons jeep that was similar if memory serves me right. Both of those were already in the vehicles when we bought them used.

However my curt(for Promaster) was bought on Amazon , it was bad out of the box. Called Curts number , they sent me another one after a few questions answered, no hassle no bs. In hindsight I should have reported the issue if for nothing else to let others know Curt stood behind it so quick and easy. I had another the next day and sent the bad one back, they supplied the return label.

Hope this helps and hope that solved your problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 3500 with a four pin plug. No power though. Does anyone know which fuse controls the rear trailer plug. Thx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts