Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently in Golden CO but heading to Pacific NW in mid July. I have a 2014 Promaster with a front passenger bench which I would really like to swap out for a bucket one to one. Willing to travel. We're going to be all over the country eventually, so even if you're no where near us, say hello and perhaps we will be next Winter/Spring.

Also if you're selling a bench at a good price we might consider that.

Thank you!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Currently in Golden CO but heading to Pacific NW in mid July. I have a 2014 Promaster with a front passenger bench which I would really like to swap out for a bucket one to one. Willing to travel. We're going to be all over the country eventually, so even if you're no where near us, say hello and perhaps we will be next Winter/Spring.
Whoa, small world. Me too ... all of the above! (except Golden) Good luck with the seat and happy travels!

(Look there to the left ... all the way. Just under my name, what's it say? Sure took the forum a long time to realize I'm a confused, rambling old senior - it took about a hundred disjointed, pointless posts to figure it out! At least now I'll start getting those great senior discounts!) :laugh:

·
Registered
2 Posts

Also if you're selling a bench at a good price we might consider that.

Thank you!
I am in Portland and will trade you my brand new (500 miles, 2015) passenger bucket seat for your passenger bench seat!

Send me a message and we can work out the details.

Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
There has been a lot of talk about swapping the seats, understand you may be disabling your airbags if you swap them

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Long story short - on Monday I removed the bench seat from my 2nd pm and replaced it with the bucket from my 1st pm. No problem - they interchange fine.

The bench had two extra electrical connectors. These are for the weight sensor and seatbelt sensor in the middle seat. To swap, you also need to cut a couple wire ties as the wires are strapped to the seat frames for neatness and vibration.

I leave the seats unconnected, which fires the airbag light and disables the airbags. Theres a post on here that lays out how to add a resistor to the connectors that fools the computer into think a seat is there and enabling the airbags.

The connectors themselves are the same, and im fairly confident you could just plug them back in and everything would be kosher with the airbags, i just havent done it. In both my pms, a table lives where the passenger seat was.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in Sacramento and just bought a 2014. I don't think there are more than 10 miles. I would love to trade. I might even buy you a tank of gas!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I too have a double bench, in vinyl though. Live in Vancouver, BC. Would be more than willing to trade and pay for the shipping or take a road trip?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am in Sacramento and just bought a 2014. I don't think there are more than 10 miles. I would love to trade. I might even buy you a tank of gas!!
Hey Jon,
You have a bucket seat, looking for a bench?
I have the black cloth, looking for a bucket in cloth
I'm in Sonoma County

·
Registered
157 Posts
Long story short - on Monday I removed the bench seat from my 2nd pm and replaced it with the bucket from my 1st pm. No problem - they interchange fine.

The bench had two extra electrical connectors. These are for the weight sensor and seatbelt sensor in the middle seat. To swap, you also need to cut a couple wire ties as the wires are strapped to the seat frames for neatness and vibration.

I leave the seats unconnected, which fires the airbag light and disables the airbags. Theres a post on here that lays out how to add a resistor to the connectors that fools the computer into think a seat is there and enabling the airbags.

The connectors themselves are the same, and im fairly confident you could just plug them back in and everything would be kosher with the airbags, i just havent done it. In both my pms, a table lives where the passenger seat was.
KOT, did you notice if the pm with the bucket had connectors for the bench seat?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Thats a good point! In the bucket equipped truck, there is no middle seat connector wiring coming out of the floor. The bench euipped truck, which has the bucket seat in it right now, has unused connectors coming out of the floor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey this is what I was looking for! Just wish some one who had a bucket seat for 2015 PM? Was in eastern part of the country! I have a rigid bench seat! No give no slide ! not at all comfortable for me! I need to replace it! Also thanks on the wiring up date! I was wondering what would happen if I disconnect it?
Strange. Original poster was in Golden, Colorado! I am in Golden, West Virginia! Outside of Wheeling about 20 mile!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2017 PM with vinyl bucket seats. I would like a bench so I can carry my two boys. The airbag thing has me concerned. If I install a bench do I lose all airbags, the passenger or none? I am in Sylva, NC if anyone is interested in a swap. Also, is the bench really that uncomfortable?

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
I believe you retain all air bags since the bench seat has the side airbag and an occupant sensor to connect when it is installed. I haven’t do it though so others may add or disagree here. The middle seat will not have a connected occupant sensor so the passenger airbag would not deploy unless there was someone in the passenger seat I expect.

Reactions: Homestead sweep

·
Registered
221 Posts
If a Promaster comes equipped with the bench seat, is there an additional center airbag?

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have 2016 bucket. there were times i need to bring an additional passenger so would like a bench. will trade. im in nys but currently working out of VA right now. i will only consider a trade if the seats match both on driver and passenger side

1 - 20 of 20 Posts