Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any way to tow promaster 159 highloof with another big truck? i'm tried to find tow trailer or tow dolly, but promaster is too big and heavy for reguler trailer or tow dolly.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
My pm 3500 extended scales at 5440# empty, so the weight isnt really that much compared to towing a pickup or SUV. I would think that a 2 wheel dolly is the way to go. You can rent those from uhaul for $15 a day or something like that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My pm 3500 extended scales at 5440# empty, so the weight isnt really that much compared to towing a pickup or SUV. I would think that a 2 wheel dolly is the way to go. You can rent those from uhaul for $15 a day or something like that.
uhaul said that promaster is too wide for their dolly.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,480 Posts

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,462 Posts
FWIW
Someone mentioned Remco has a kit that allows a Promaster to be flat towed.

How it actually works is vague, basically a separate pump pumps ATF+4 from the pan to the cooler to remove heat from the fluid. I've always thought that the cooler was the end of the line and after the fluid is cooled it drains into the pan. Head scratching? with my current thinking how the heck is going to lube the transaxle? and how is the fluid getting hot if it's just cycling from the pan to the cooler and back to the pan?

After finding a Mopar transmission pdf I found that when the cooled fluid enters back into the transmission it begins the lube circuit ? now I get it.

Learned something new.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Kar Kaddy but the Promaster might be a little to big. Unfortunately I bought this to pull my jeep behind the Promaster 2500 159. I don’t think the Promaster has the guts to pull a 4,300 lb Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts