Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get stuck about 3-4 times a year. First thing I looked for was tow hooks on the front. Could only find 1 small hook on the back passenger side.
Anyone know if additional hooks for the front are available or if it is even possible to tow the Promaster from the front?

·
Registered
104 Posts
How are you getting stuck 3-4 times a year? Are you driving through swamps of mud?

Can you not tow it using the one hook that you did find?

·
Registered
363 Posts
How are you getting stuck 3-4 times a year? Are you driving through swamps of mud?

Whats what I want to know.

When I get stuck it's usually in snow when I know it's going to be bad and the chance of getting stuck is possible.

You must be driving in some bad areas.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The work-play that I do requires traveling off road most days, regardless of weather conditions. I live most of the year in Canada.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Off-roading in a Promaster. Not exactly what I imagined people to be doing with the Promaster. I'd definitely make sure that the Promaster is capable enough to take it where you are driving before you make your purchase.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even for those people who do not have to drive off road, there is always the possibility of becoming stuck due to weather or break down. It would be nice to know how or if the Promaster could be towed from the front.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Even for those people who do not have to drive off road, there is always the possibility of becoming stuck due to weather or break down. It would be nice to know how or if the Promaster could be towed from the front.
Since it is FWD, it's best to tow it from the front, no question about that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
tow hook

There is a tow hook in the front bumper, behind a small panel there is a threaded spot for a big eyelet that is in the tool box under the passenger seat. The draw back about off road is the clearance front and back. The lowest point in the front is the exhaust manifold so off roading could be a challenge.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a tow hook in the front bumper, behind a small panel there is a threaded spot for a big eyelet that is in the tool box under the passenger seat. The draw back about off road is the clearance front and back. The lowest point in the front is the exhaust manifold so off roading could be a challenge.
Good information, thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
rbisch
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing