Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hard time turning my high beams on or off without triggering an erratic blinker. Wouldn't be a big deal except for the auto 5-blink lane change function. Would imagine those driving behind me get anxious to see a blinker on a dark two lane road with no shoulder. It takes very little to trigger my blinkers; is this typical, or is there more pressure needed for others to turn their blinkers on?

·
Registered
625 Posts
You get used to it. Its been over a year, but I have a bit of a memory about having the same problem early in my PM ownership.

·
Registered
625 Posts
On the other hand, we absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the five-blink setting on the turn signals. It was nice when cars started with the three-blink setting, but we always thought that seemed a bit short, and would often signal again. The five-blink provides a nice amount of time to start a signal and then move. And for an even trickier move, you can cancel the five-blink if you push it again in the same direction.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I've never had an issue with accidentally activating turn signals while switching between high and low beam, but I've owned cars with this type of switchgear for decades. This van is no more finicky about it than anything else I've owned.

The last couple of vehicles have had the comfort lane-change feature (3 flashes) which was never really enough. This van's 5 flashes seems about right.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
It’s a feature not a defect! Similar to when they decided to have the computer scroll down by using two fingers pushing UP on the track pad. Takes a brain rewiring to get used to it, then hunky dory!

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
I have more problems with turning the wiper on when I have to push the stalk end to get my EVIC to the setting I want! GGRRR! Europeans must have a gentler touch!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I frequently accidentally hit the left 5 blinker mode while reaching for the cruise control. I then push the stalk up trying to cancel the 5 blinkers which of course starts the right 5 blinker mode so I try to stop that and of course I start the left blinker mode again- Yikes! Naturally this always happens in heavy traffic. Thank you Zyzzyx for the tip on how to stop this insanity.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts