Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 136WB low roof diesel, converted to an RV by Sportsmobile, TX
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new Promaster, and looking in the jack kit under the passenger seat I was struck by how much space it wastes - it could easily contain a basic toolkit in addition to the jack. Has anybody made a replacement kit that would hold some basic tools (screwdrivers, pliers, small socket kit, etc.) in addition to the jack?

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,546 Posts
I removed the jack kit. I wrapped the jack and needed parts in a piece of moving blanket to keep any rattles muffled, and it now fits in the space behind my passenger wheel well box, which I extended to the back corner of the van. The under-the-seat location seems like too good a place to waste on a jack kit. Not sure what that space will be... yet.

In the matching extended driver wheel well box, I keep all my extension cords, adapters, and a small tool kit. Those spaces have worked out well for me.

Ed

·
Premium Member
8,812 Posts
I added a set of metric 3/8 sockets, a full set of metric open/box wrenches, an electric tire inflator, tire plug kit, pair of mechanics gloves, tube of clean up goop, a rag, a small VO Meter, electric tape, screwdrivers, and a better lug wrench all in that same box and I think I have room for a set of 10' jumper cables!

·
Super Moderator
10,211 Posts
I added a set of metric 3/8 sockets, a full set of metric open/box wrenches, an electric tire inflator, tire plug kit, pair of mechanics gloves, tube of clean up goop, a rag, a small VO Meter, electric tape, screwdrivers, and a better lug wrench all in that same box and I think I have room for a set of 10' jumper cables!
What! NO spare Leatherman for emergencies? ;)

·
Premium Member
8,812 Posts
KOV.... Silly boy! No one ever needs a SPARE leatherman as you will not be without your origional one unless you are hijacked by a pack of coyotes and stripped naked of your hiking shorts, belt and Leatherman of course. That is the one great reason not to use the leather sheath. Coyotes hate the new nylon sheath, but will fight over that leather belt until you can retrieve the tool, open the blade and confront a bunch of Canis latrans. Better it happen near evening as you can sunburn yourself wicked bad if you can't get the shorts back!

Reactions: Quest4Adv

·
Super Moderator
10,211 Posts
I do try to stay away from leather sheaths, after all it is a jungle out there (as you say) ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts