Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a handyman and recently replaced my F150 with a work cab and metal racks, with a 2015 136 low roof. I'm going to build wood racks for both sides. My question is, I'm thinking of adding three of my Sears craftsman tool chests to the racks. Does this make sense? In the end they will take up about a third of my rack space.

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
I'd just recommend you have the drawer locking hardware in good condition and make sure they were locked before driving. Hard turns would have those drawers flying open otherwise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, two of the three lock, unless I can MacGyver a lock for the third. I'll go with two.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 10 drawer tool box cabinet in my van and the locking mechanism wore out enough that I couldn't always lock the drawers. So I just made a couple of brackets for the top and the bottom of the tool box that are big enough to slide a vertical 1x4 piece of wood to hold everything in place.
When I bought the van home, I only had a week to get it set up so instead of using wood for all of my racking, I used the slotted angle iron that I had lying around. It actually worked out pretty well for my use.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good idea, one of the chests doesn't lock.
Just remember to anchor the cabinet down, mine is boxed into the racking so it can't move. In my previous service truck, I didn't anchor the box down and forgot to drop in the 1x4, all the drawers slid open and the whole thing tipped over. I've had all the drawers slide open in my PM and everything stayed in place.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do I start a new post? I want to insulate the walls of my PM before I put panels up. Any recommendations ?

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
Go to Forums and look down the list by scrolling and find the topic area bet suited to your Insulation thoughts, there is much already in Forums: 2014 Ram Promaster tech section: Promaster Builds and Conversions? Select a forum and then choose "Start a new Thread"

·
Registered
763 Posts
I want to insulate the walls of my PM before I put panels up. Any recommendations ?

Insulation is part of the process, best reports will be nested in the "Promaster Builds and Conversions" threads..

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
What Zoomyn did^^^^^, think about Hein's (he is a poster here) Thinsulate to pull into the ribs. I held the polyisocyanurate foam board with great stuff insulation/glue to good effect from a Progun (NOT FROM THOSE STRAW CANS!) oops yelling again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts