Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've settled on a 159 high roof, but I'm a bit torn between an extended body or not.

I'm shopping used, so extended body is choice limiting. On the flip-side it gives me more options in floor plans. I've dreamed of a semi-modular van where I could do some limited configuration swaps depending on my needs.

Any opinions yea or nay? I haven't driven anything yet, so any opinions would be more informed than mine.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have the 159 EB. I could have gone with the regular and not lost too much other than a bit of storage and room entering the van. If I were to do it again I *might* have gotten the regular and just had less room but I'm not sure, but I would probably just get what I have.

If there are 2-3 people inside the van, it's nice having a bit more room for sure and the extra length is no big deal in terms of maneuverability IMO.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would go with the longer, but I have special needs...

I have the high roofed regular length. If I could have found the longer version I would have rather had that one. However I need that extra floor space to carry an electric wheelchair. If you don't have any such need then the regular length gives you a lot of room. Plus the longer might bottom out in some steep driveways or off roads. Plus mine fits in regular parking spaces, that's very nice. If you plan to do any stealth camping in towns you would probably be less noticeable in the regular length. A big factor is it going to be only one person traveling in it or 2 or more? 2 or more then go with the longer one. If one person, even with dogs go with the regular length unless you have a special need for extra room like I do.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was walking this wire in January but decided on the 159 EXT. I had to orders from the boss with the van project - shower/toilet and ability to run hair dryer.... If there were a 159 EXT+ I probably would have bought it.

Although I've never been behind the wheel of anything but ours, it is a simple drive. In small parking lots/spaces I just walk a bit further sometimes....but I don't like door dings and probably would do the same thing with a 118"....they're pretty wide.

It's a bit like most things in life -- safes, garages, hard drive space, you always which you had a bit more room....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts