Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
At least on the originals:
When I swapped tires, summer for winter, on the same rims nothing had to be done. After ten miles or so the computer recognizes them again.

Should be that way with any spec'd for a PM I think.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tell us more! What tire model and size did you go with? They look a little taller too.

Maybe you missed it in my build thread:
" I chose Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 because of the positive reviews for on and off road performance. I chose the largest size that will fit on the Promaster LT245/75R16. This gives just over 1" of additional ground clearance. The tires ride great with no additional road noise."

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Maybe you missed it in my build thread:
" I chose Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 because of the positive reviews for on and off road performance. I chose the largest size that will fit on the Promaster LT245/75R16. This gives just over 1" of additional ground clearance. The tires ride great with no additional road noise."
The nominal diameter difference between that size and stock tires should be 30 mm, or 1.2 inches. Additional ground clearance should be proportional to change in tire radius, which in this case is 15 mm, or 0.6 inches. Obviously tires can vary by manufacturer and or model.

Regardless, good to know larger tires fit. Looks good.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The nominal diameter difference between that size and stock tires should be 30 mm, or 1.2 inches. Additional ground clearance should be proportional to change in tire radius, which in this case is 15 mm, or 0.6 inches. Obviously tires can vary by manufacturer and or model.

Regardless, good to know larger tires fit. Looks good.

Right. Now I remember reading that. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Right. Now I remember reading that. Sorry for the confusion.

I noticed the difference only because I had looked at doing the same but in reverse. My van has the LT245/75R16 and I don't need the weight carrying capacity. Eventually I dropped the idea of going smaller due to liability concerns in case of accident. Plus some tire outlets wouldn't downsize tires anyway.

With interest in the ProMaster I once again looked at smaller diameter tires to help lower the van's total height to make it garageable. Between suspension and slightly smaller-diameter tires from Transit I was hoping for just under 95 inches.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts