Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My driving is about 50% pavement, 48% dirt roads and maybe 2% off road. I've been very happy with my 245/70R16 E rated Cooper Discoverer AT3s (They also make a 225/75) and as long as they end up wearing ok (I only have about 10k on them so far) I will be buying them again. They are just a smidge louder than the stock Nexens, but have significantly better performance on loose dirt. Their snow performance has been good, but I'm a bit spoiled as I used to run full winter tires, and that they are not.

If you're not in a hurry, Discount Tire Direct runs a $100 off coupon on Ebay every few months. I managed to get the tires shipped, installed and balanced for under $500 last time around.
I have the same model/year. My WB is 136”. I’m thinking of upsizing to Cooper Discovery lt245/75r16. Have you had any problem with the clearance in the wheel wells?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have the same model/year. My WB is 136”. I’m thinking of upsizing to Cooper Discovery lt245/75r16. Have you had any problem with the clearance in the wheel wells?
Sorry for the late response, I have not been on here in a while. I have no clearance issues, but I have the 245/70R16, the 245/75R16 is slightly taller. As far as I know Cooper is one of the only ones making the 245/70 in a 10 ply tire. That's part of the reason I chose it as it was slightly bigger than stock, but not big enough to cause any issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We put the Michelin agilis on our '17 136HT a month ago and so far, noticeably quieter than the nexens. Have driven in downpours and high crosswinds and always had great contact with the road, even at highway speeds. No hydroplaning at all.
With the nexens it always felt like I was fighting them in turns - not the Michelins, they're smooth. Worth the extra money, IMO

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
So, any recommendations?
My experience with tires from another thread:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts