Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what pressure will kick off a tire pressure warning? My warning light is one and all the tires are above 65 lbs including the spare. My friend with a Promaster has the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Peter.

One of the TPMS sensors is bad. I had mine new from the dealer and about 2 weeks into ownership that little light went on in spite of the correct pressures in the tires. So the next time I was in for warranty work that was fixed. Here's my paperwork from the dealer...

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Peter.

One of the TPMS sensors is bad. I had mine new from the dealer and about 2 weeks into ownership that little light went on in spite of the correct pressures in the tires. So the next time I was in for warranty work that was fixed. Here's my paperwork from the dealer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,176 Posts
I seem to recall they have a battery in each sensor but after watching the Van Life video I’m not sure of anything anymore ;)

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
The warning light came on shortly after we picked up our new PM. The dealer adjusted tire pressures and said to give it some time. The light was still on a couple weeks later. So we decided to make an appointment ... and then it went off by itself. It's been fine ever since. Threats apparently help;)

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
As an FYI, when we had the stock tires swapped out for same size KO2's a week into ownership it took about a half-hour and ~15 or so miles for the sensor light to go out in the dash.
Crew set tires per door sticker 65 front / 80 rear.

Thom

·
Registered
734 Posts
As an FYI, when we had the stock tires swapped out for same size KO2's a week into ownership it took about a half-hour and ~15 or so miles for the sensor light to go out in the dash.
Crew set tires per door sticker 65 front / 80 rear.

Thom
My door shows 65 front 72 rear. It took a while for my sensor to go off too

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Mine are all @ 65

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had my 159" WB for a couple of months. About 2 weeks after purchasing it the tire alarm appeared, I suppose since one of the tires was at 72 psi. Set all my tires 68 front 70 back. There's no way I'm going to ride around with tires pumped to 80 psi for no reason - sounds unsafe to me. The light continued to stay on for about another week with the tires as set 68/70 psi. Then miraculously the sensor shut off on its own. Don't know how they do it, maybe an on-board algorithm that knows you've settle on the 70 psi range and are not maxing out on the factory super high pressure? Maybe the sensor algorithm is based on having a equal pressures and not an absolute pressure? Also the van seems to ride more comfortably at 70 psi.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just had the stock tires replaced with Yokohama Geolanders. As a test we put the pressures at 65 all around. My warning light's been on since I got the van and hasn't changed with the new tires. I might put the rears up to 70-72 and see if that changes anything.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
I’d get the dealer to test the sensors if you are under warrantee as 65 should turn it off. No need to have the rears higher. Check the spare, it needs to be 65 too.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Wow! I’d love to have them at 50 for the improved and less harsh ride. Anyone else able to lower all their’s and keep the light off?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts