Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I want to pick up a set of tire chains for my 136WB, 1500, high roof PM.

Anyone have any recommendations of brand/model?

I'm thinking about these:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Security-Chain-Company-SZ435-Pickups/dp/B000HZDFVY/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1419803241&sr=1-1&keywords=z6+chain[/ame]

I live in Montana, so lots of snow, but the PM seems to handle it OK -- the chains are just to carry for the odd case.
I've thought about getting dedicated snow tires, but just don't want to do the twice a year change over.

Thanks -- Gary

·
Registered
604 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thule snow chains are a good product, it is the new name for Koning snow chains for cars, vans,light trucks (Thule bought Konig some years ago), while for larger vehicles they sell the snow chanins as Konig.

I have the same 12 mm Thule XG12 Pro for an offroad vehicle, but only testd in dry condition to see how to mount it, very easy to mount.
There is another model with 16 mm chain, always one stop mount (some other 16 mm models need two stops, the second to regulate tension).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Look at Nokian G4, all weather, not all season. Carry the snow tire emblem and I can say they are great in the snow. I also was kind of tired of using dedicated snows and now have little storage space in my garage so went with these, happy I did.

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
I always bought these because in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont we learned not to buy no wimp chains. On glare ice these things can make you feel secure and get you anywhere. The cross bars are often hardened so they wear lots longer. The ride is like you are riding on chains...... Duh! Back in NH they are on the front of my John Deere 4X4 tractor as we read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts