Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive owned a 2014 diesel since new, and it currently has 268k miles on it. The owners manual says to change the timing chain at 249k miles. Does it really need to be done? I’ve never heard of a timing chain interval myself, and can’t find a single thing online about anyone changing one on a diesel promaster

·
Registered
2015 diesel 2500
213 Posts
I’m pretty useless, I don’t know. But, since you’ve accumulated so many miles on your diesel, I’d love to hear if you have had any mechanical issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did it. My PM 2014 I4 diesel is 438k. Red engine lights go on and the scaner said: crankshaft position sensor and airflow meter (maf). I do not remember de codes, sorry.The engine was noisy like an exhaust leaking. Problem shows at hill down when reducing speed with the engine compression. The engine was a little out of timming.I opened the engine and the problem was in the intake shaft sprocket. It is like a bike sprocket and very weak and fragile. It has a fixing pin and was wasted and loosen whith unwanted false turn play.I changed the pin for another a little
bit bigger to set it tighter and done. NOTE You can save the upper chain tentioner reensambling it to the mounting compressed position instead of spend 220 dollar in a new one.It is a little tricky like a puzzle but possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts