Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rolled off the lot yesterday with a brand new 2020 159" EXT Promaster with swivel seats, and I love it. The one problem I've noticed is that the front tilting mechanism on the drivers's seat is stuck. The two knobs pictured each raise or lower the front and back of the seat. The front one on mine is all the way down, where I feel like I'm going to slide off every time I hit the brakes, and it's stuck in place.

Has anyone else had this problem? I don't want to mess with getting the dealership to fix or replace it if it's just something simple, like a factory shipping clip that didn't get removed or something. I've inspected it pretty thoroughly and didn't see anything obvious.

Vehicle Car Product Car seat Auto part

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Ours worked from the start. When you say it's stuck, I assume you mean the knob won't budge at all. If it turns but nothing happens, something is likely broken.
But if the knob won't budge, maybe the gears are in a bind at their extreme end of travel. Try lowering the back all the way down first, then try the front again. You could also try lifting/wiggling/kicking the front while turning the knob. And check the gears for grease.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.