Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
*sigh* low roof shorties....

Is it bad that I keep daydreaming about getting a 118"wb gasser for a daily driver? Perhaps with dual sliders. Would be just big enough to load bikes in for heading across town, or the shorter trips that I don't need the full size of BoB, nor the camping ability. Though I would still want to build it out a bit...

*sigh*

·
Registered
604 Posts
*sigh* low roof shorties....

Is it bad that I keep daydreaming about getting a 118"wb gasser for a daily driver? Perhaps with dual sliders. Would be just big enough to load bikes in for heading across town, or the shorter trips that I don't need the full size of BoB, nor the camping ability. Though I would still want to build it out a bit...

*sigh*
Go for it!! Other than being a bit wider, slipping into parking spaces, I absolutely love driving my 118" everyday... :D:D

·
Registered
121 Posts
I really liked the short wheelbase but I opted for the 136 wb because I couldn't get dual sliders in the 118. Then I fell in love with the standing room so I figured if I had to get the 136 for the dual sliders i might as well have standing head room.

·
Registered
253 Posts
This sort of thing happens very easily. I was originally shopping for a 1500 136" tall. It's the same theory when buying lumber. It's easier to use it too big than too small.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My first diesel test drive was the 159 ext and boy was it smooth on the freeway! But when I had to make a u-turn after getting lost on the way back I decided to scale back for future forest road driving.

·
Registered
625 Posts
My first diesel test drive was the 159 ext and boy was it smooth on the freeway! But when I had to make a u-turn after getting lost on the way back I decided to scale back for future forest road driving.
Huh... I've been VERY impressed with the turning circle of the 159"wb. And this coming from driving our other cars, a small Audi and a Mini Cooper.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I really liked the short wheelbase but I opted for the 136 wb because I couldn't get dual sliders in the 118. Then I fell in love with the standing room so I figured if I had to get the 136 for the dual sliders i might as well have standing head room.
No dual sliders in the 118"? Darn... hadn't thought of checking that. Having a 136", especially a high roof, is feeling darn close to big ol' BoB, not really worth it.

What I should (not!) do is check out a low roof first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts