Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve come to be the proud owner of a large roll (~5’ x 80’) of this Gerflor Padded Vinyl Flooring. It’s quite thick and commercial grade, and I’m hoping to repurpose it for my van floor. I would put it over plywood underlayment, but I’m hoping it would be heavy enough to leave it loose lay.

Anyone think this would be a bad idea or have any opinions on this Flooring in general? I’ll obviously have quite a bit left over if anyone else wants to get in on this. Color is American Oak.

https://www.gerflorusa.com/professionals-products/floor/recreation-60.html

Backed by the Taraflex® experience since 1947, Gerflor’s new Recreation line is a commercial grade resilient sheet flooring ideal for sports and multi-purpose use, now available in modern textile, solid and wood designs. Three distinct ranges – Recreation 30, Recreation 45, and Recreation 60 – provide greater safety with cushion backing technology and a burn free surface, and greater durability with extreme stain resistance and easy maintenance.

Recreation 60 has the thickest wearlayer of the collection and the greatest cushioning to reduce the risk of injuries during sports and multipurpose activities.

· 6.0 mm thickness
· 1.5 mm pure vinyl wearlayer
· ASTM F2772 (Class 2) compliant for safety and protection
· Environmentally friendly, 100% recyclable
· Low VOC, no solvents, no heavy metals
· Best-selling designs always stocked in the USA

·
Super Moderator
11,414 Posts
You should have no problem doing it. I have roll vinyl over my factory floor and it stays flat and wears well considering it’s not heavy duty. The worst that could happen is you might need to put a little adhesive on the edges if it cups but that’s doubtful if it’s commercial grade flooring.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should have no problem doing it. I have roll vinyl over my factory floor and it stays flat and wears well considering it’s not heavy duty. The worst that could happen is you might need to put a little adhesive on the edges if it cups but that’s doubtful if it’s commercial grade flooring.
**** yea, thanks for that vote of confidence! Thinking the padding may give some insulation/sound deadening bonus as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts