Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018, 3500 Extended
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because all plans are good until they actually get tried ....... In the fall we spent 7 weeks living in the van as we went from B.C. to Ontario and back. About 7000km. Through sun and rain and hot and cold. Community parks, provincial parks and some boondocking. For anyone interested here's a "Good / Bad / Who thought this was a good idea ?" report. Cheers

·
Registered
2018, 3500 Extended
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great video. We get the same "magical" breeze over our bed with our one MaxxFan and dual half-height windows over the bed. We also debated extra seating. But as empty nesters, we decided it wouldn't get used enough to justify the space it occupied. I've been considering getting and carrying a telescoping ladder to clean solar panels, just haven't justified the space for it yet.
As another empty nester I hear you - I really like the idea of being able to share the space sometimes though .... who knows. (we didn't miss the space the seats take up, in fact we have empty cupboards).

·
Registered
2018, 3500 Extended
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2018, 3500 Extended
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Blatant shill for a Youtube video.
Hi Thanks for commenting - it is a You Tube Video and it is a You Tube channel for my van build. I don't shill every video I do on this forum - only the ones specific to promasters because I think the content will be relevant and maybe helpful. Having a You Tube channel has helped me understand that all comments are welcome. Be well

·
Registered
2018, 3500 Extended
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks @CanaDave

Congratulations on your Van Build & Fun Video !!

Around 9:08 into your video I was really starting to expect a song or Cameo by Mungo Jerry 😁;

LOL - I'm really glad it made you feel so positive !!!

·
Registered
2018, 3500 Extended
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
What was the blueish grayish fabric you used to cover some panels near and on the rear door?
Thanks for asking - those are a woven vinyl panel I made up, used it behind the second seats as well to break up the wood look. I'm just finishing a video about those as well. :) Cheers

·
Registered
2018, 3500 Extended
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Do you have a link to the material?
I’m sorry I don’t. It was the result of shopping around. For my build I bought as much local as possible - I make every effort to not use Amazon. I’m in Canada and I went to a local Fabric Land - a store that sells material to people (from my experience mostly grandmas, just sayin) who want to sew. There is always a section with vinyl - there were probably 30 different roles. Not all stores have the same inventory so I went to 3 before I found this one. This particular pattern had about 4 mates in different colours. It picked up the colours in our second seats then we picked curtain material to compliment it. Buy local and support a neighbour. :)

·
Registered
2018, 3500 Extended
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I’m sorry I don’t. It was the result of shopping around. For my build I bought as much local as possible - I make every effort to not use Amazon. I’m in Canada and I went to a local Fabric Land - a store that sells material to people (from my experience mostly grandmas, just sayin) who want to sew. There is always a section with vinyl - there were probably 30 different roles. Not all stores have the same inventory so I went to 3 before I found this one. This particular pattern had about 4 mates in different colours. It picked up the colours in our second seats then we picked curtain material to compliment it. Buy local and support a neighbour. :)
Hi VanGuy - I have posted the videos about the vinyl panels - just click the link in my signature :) be well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.