Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2018, Promaster 159 Extended
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because all plans are good until they actually get tried ....... In the fall we spent 7 weeks living in the van as we went from B.C. to Ontario and back. About 7000km. Through sun and rain and hot and cold. Community parks, provincial parks and some boondocking. For anyone interested here's a "Good / Bad / Who thought this was a good idea ?" report. Cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
Because all plans are good until they actually get tried ....... In the fall we spent 7 weeks living in the van as we went from B.C. to Ontario and back. About 7000km. Through sun and rain and hot and cold. Community parks, provincial parks and some boondocking. For anyone interested here's a "Good / Bad / Who thought this was a good idea ?" report. Cheers

I watched your video and enjoyed it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Great video. We get the same "magical" breeze over our bed with our one MaxxFan and dual half-height windows over the bed. We also debated extra seating. But as empty nesters, we decided it wouldn't get used enough to justify the space it occupied. I've been considering getting and carrying a telescoping ladder to clean solar panels, just haven't justified the space for it yet.

·
Registered
2018 2500 159-HR
306 Posts
We get the same "magical" breeze over our bed with our one MaxxFan and dual half-height windows over the bed.
I installed two MaxxFans in the far aft portion of my ceiling, but if I had a Mulligan I'd have gone with the vented side windows and placed one fan in the middle or even front of the roof. In my old Econoline I had installed a sunroof in the aft (over the bed) with removable glass, and loved having the ability to "periscope" (check the windsurf conditions) or climb onto the roof to use it as a deck. Oh well, next one...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great video. We get the same "magical" breeze over our bed with our one MaxxFan and dual half-height windows over the bed. We also debated extra seating. But as empty nesters, we decided it wouldn't get used enough to justify the space it occupied. I've been considering getting and carrying a telescoping ladder to clean solar panels, just haven't justified the space for it yet.
As another empty nester I hear you - I really like the idea of being able to share the space sometimes though .... who knows. (we didn't miss the space the seats take up, in fact we have empty cupboards).

·
Registered
2015 Ram Promaster 159 HR Diesel
42 Posts

Great video👏🏼Thanks for posting👍🏼So which exterior light did you buy off Amazon ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Blatant shill for a Youtube video.
Hi Thanks for commenting - it is a You Tube Video and it is a You Tube channel for my van build. I don't shill every video I do on this forum - only the ones specific to promasters because I think the content will be relevant and maybe helpful. Having a You Tube channel has helped me understand that all comments are welcome. Be well

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks @CanaDave

Congratulations on your Van Build & Fun Video !!

Around 9:08 into your video I was really starting to expect a song or Cameo by Mungo Jerry 😁;

LOL - I'm really glad it made you feel so positive !!!

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in Indiana
5,601 Posts
ahhhhh
every time I watch a new video I have to watch Mungo Jerry

·
Registered
Van #2 2021 EXT
4,033 Posts
LOL - I'm really glad it made you feel so positive !!!
You Did 😁🙌

For some reason I thought you were in Alberta & now I see “Enderby” in your signature.

We live in Victoria, but spend a fair bit of time near Summerland “In The Summertime”. Well actually Spring, Summer, & Fall. Maybe our paths will cross in 2022.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That would be great. I have a daughter in West Kelowna at the moment so I’m down that way once a week. We’re hoping to explore more of the Province this summer if it’s allowed.

·
Registered
147 Posts

What was the blueish grayish fabric you used to cover some panels near and on the rear door?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts