Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to climb Wheeler Peak but thwarted by knock-you-down wind at 11,400. Got this instead:

Got back to the van and had hot chocolate. Too windy to cook outside, so stew in the MW. Went to bed early and woke up to snow. We were headed down the steep mountain road within a few minutes of waking up, coffee in hand. No doors opened.

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Brings back old memories as I hiked for about 10 days nearby in August 1965 while at Philmont Scout ranch. We wanted to go up but were not allowed, probably for good reason- young and dumb, off limits and outside the ranch etc. We did get to summit Baldy above 12,000 ft. Quite the experience for a 15 year old.

·
Super Moderator
10,218 Posts
Yes but his parents took it away from him because he insisted on playing with it in school all day long. They bought him a bike because it was safer.

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Ah yes, once I found it had scissors I ran with it! See the story of my early life ghost written by the creators of the Dilbert cartoon strip:

Actually the first leatherman was invented by Tim in 1983 and alas I had just turned 34. Read about it here: https://www.leatherman.com/our-story.html

Not to hijack this thread Tim’s story is about travel too including a FIAT in Europe!

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
What, you have "The knack" too, your van proves it! Not everyone with “The Knack” ends up as an engineer, thank goodness!
This thread is way off track. Perhaps another NM hiking picture would jolt us into reality. Here is my summer by the sea Nova Scotia picture.
This is why I bought this van, too!

Reactions: Because we can
1 - 10 of 10 Posts