Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I have been working on my insulation. I have glued 1 inch polyiso boards to all the flat surfaces. Next step will be thinsulate in the ribs and crevasses. My question is, how to calculate how much thinsulate I need for the ribs? I was thinking about 6 inches per feet (using the thinnest type) or is that overkill?

I attached a picture of the polyiso boards, at this point I have covered the bottom parts as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
Nice work. I ran a bead of Great Stuff gaps and cracks around the perimeter too.
I have said 5 feet of the thicker so you can do above the cab cubby and feedback has been it worked.

·
Registered
83 Posts
We insulated our van with polyiso and thinsulate as well. We put polyiso on the ceiling,wall panels and the window spots in the rear doors. I ordered 25linear feet of thinsulate from Hein at impactproducts and used this for every single rib,wheel wells, under the headliner above the cab, behind all the moving parts and channels of the rear and sliding door. I still have some left to finish random spots as we work through the build. I could have gotten away with 20 Lft if I didn't do the wheel wells. Hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We insulated our van with polyiso and thinsulate as well. We put polyiso on the ceiling,wall panels and the window spots in the rear doors. I ordered 25linear feet of thinsulate from Hein at impactproducts and used this for every single rib,wheel wells, under the headliner above the cab, behind all the moving parts and channels of the rear and sliding door. I still have some left to finish random spots as we work through the build. I could have gotten away with 20 Lft if I didn't do the wheel wells. Hope that helps a bit.
Thanks! I see you are on Vancouver Island as well. How did you get the thinsulate shipped? Hein's Amazon and eBay shops state no shipping to Canada.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
As mentioned, we do ship to Canada but not via our Ebay and Amazon stores.
Please contact Kim at 54l 49O 4292 during west coast business hours.

All the best,
Hein
DIYvan.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts