Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to accumulate supplies for my upcoming PM build. Has anyone found a good source for Thinsulate in Canada, specifically Southern Ontario?

·
Premium Member
8,832 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Shaun, I saw your build on instagram. Pretty good, very similar to what I have planned for my 159 high roof. Can you elaborate on the amount of thinsulate you used for your insulation? Thickness used? -Ivan

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
We would recommend at least 60 linear feet (300 sq ft) for a 159 high roof. You can use SM400 (1" thick) in the roof so that will account for about 20LF. It is possible to use SM600L (1.75" thick) everywhere but costs a little more. Please call Kim and she can help you with your order. Our contact info is at DIYvan.com

·
Registered
61 Posts
We are happy to announce we are now supplying Canada with 3M Thinsulate. We're purchasing in large volumes from Hein & Kim to help Canadians save on shipping and duties.

Our price for 200sq/ft is $559 CAD = $2.79 sq/ft and shipping is free across all of Canada. A forum member on the Transit forum mentioned they paid $3.71 sq/ft so we are offering significant savings. You can see/purchase using the link below:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well done folks. Shipping and taxes is always a problem for Canadians. Thank you for working together!

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
486 Posts
I'm starting to accumulate supplies for my upcoming PM build. Has anyone found a good source for Thinsulate in Canada, specifically Southern Ontario?
Your local Goodwill or used clothing store. Buy up all that thinsulate ski jackets, etc. Cut er open and rip out the insulation. Save the GoreTex cause that is the solution to water vapor in your van. Just a thought.

Sorry I couldn't be more help on a supplier.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Your local Goodwill or used clothing store. Buy up all that thinsulate ski jackets, etc. Cut er open and rip out the insulation. Save the GoreTex cause that is the solution to water vapor in your van. Just a thought.

Sorry I couldn't be more help on a supplier.
We are now supplying Thinsulate to Canadians with free shipping! :) Thanks to Hein and Kim for letting us buy in bulk to make shipping/duties more economical.

You can buy it on our website here:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts