Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to insulate my van and wondering if there would be any difference if I glued the black side of the thinsulate to the inside of the plastic factory wall panel instead of gluing the white side to the wall of the van. This may make it easie to install but I am concerned if it would cause a condensation problem, or not adhere well. I will use 3M 90 spray I think the glue would work ether way ?? Any thoughts on your expertise would be greatly appreciated Thanks Chuck.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
The moisture needs a surface to condense on to. If the Thinsulate is a few inches from the van wall the wall surface will be colder and condensate more likely to form. That moisture can run down to the pinch seam at the bottom of the wall and drip out. I would think in contact with the wall is the best way to keep the amount of condensation down but the dew point is then apt to be inside the insulation and condensation can happen there. This quandary is why I advocate for rigid insulation so the dew point will be inside the foam where there is no air thus no condensate.
I know I haven’t answered your question I am just trying to frame the problem better.

Reactions: steel_fl

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you RDinNHandAZ and beewill What you say makes sense now that I look at it from that prospective. I know it was spray and stick white to wall just did not realize why. I will be ready to go when the 3M gets here. Thanks for keeping me on the right tract. And Merry Christmas to all. Chuck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts