Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2014 3500 extended 159. Everything is pretty great about my conversion, but now that summer is here, I'm longing for a bit more light inside when hanging out. I've got the passenger door glass and I'm now thinking about installing the rear windows. That will really light up the rear of the van and I can make some thermal velcro/magnet/whatever blackouts for them for sleeping and when it's parked in the cities/etc.

Anyone got photos of a before and after interior or anything like that? If you were to do it again, would you do rear windows? Any negatives to this plan? Halp

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
6,137 Posts
By "rear" do you means doors or quarter panels?

I am super glad I have windows all around. Besides the general lighting, I love to lie in bed taking in beauty around me. From my perspective, there is no down side. Tint is dark enough that cover is needed only when there is light shining directly in. If no light is on in the van, it's virtually impossible to see in.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,856 Posts
TRH,

You have the advantage a of being able to add aftermarket open-able rear windows. Currently on mine, I have the rear glass blacked out, and it's pretty dark back there. I just added a Maxxair smoke colored vent and it allows enough light in to make it a lot nicer. In my van, the back windows are in the rear toilet/dressing area, behind my pocket doors, so privacy was a priority.

If I were doing it with an ordered van (and not my off the lot one that has 'em) I think I might not order the rear door windows.

With just sheet metal, I might make up two metal plates, painted black, so they look like the rear glass, but... then I could make an adapter for a home AC unit (for summer trips down South) that would interchange with the plain black plate. I've thought about doing that in place of my current back glass.

Or, with just sheet metal back there, I could put in windows THAT OPEN! My 'ol 72 Dodge Tradesman window van rear windows tilted open and I miss that a LOT!

·
Registered
643 Posts
I am super glad I have windows all around. Besides the general lighting, I love to lie in bed taking in beauty around me. From my perspective, there is no down side. Tint is dark enough that cover is needed only when there is light shining directly in. If no light is on in the van, it's virtually impossible to see in.
Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. Ms. Nomer, you've saved us the trouble of responding!

·
Premium Member
8,859 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
What about 2 Fantastic Fan vents with smoked vent lids ? I remember when the GTRV Company would have one vent and a window but two Fantastic Fan vents would move a lot of air.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got 2 vents already.

The only option would be factory look windows or none. I hate the look of all the other windows on either backs or sides. They all looked hacked on like someone just ghetto mounted them on there :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts