Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to changing circumstances and issues of health we are going to sell our campervan. Much has been said about it and the adventures we have had with it. Like Steve of “BackRoader" fame there comes a time to move on. Ours has come. Refer to my build thread, plans, costs, etc and if it might work for you or someone you know we would like to think it moves to someone who benefits. I am happy to answer questions of course. RD

PamRDandVan.JPG

·
Super Moderator
8,613 Posts
RD will always be in our thoughts and vans! But, he isn’t moving on, only his Promaster. It will take more than a few health issues to keep him away from the forum!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Wishing you well in your future path.

·
Registered
2017 136” HR
111 Posts
Don’t be a stranger! Check in from time to time!
All the Best!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Priorities change, but your friends remain the same! We all have benefited from your contributions on the forum and I'm sure we'll continue to get your opinion on the latest build, gadget, or idea. (Whether we want it or not!)

Hoping we can do a get together when the "situation" is under control and we can travel freely again...soon...

You'll always be a part of the "old timers" here on the forum. (Or is it the crusty curmudgeons?) All the best to you and your lovely wife! And good luck with your sale!

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Wow, end of an era. RD has been a staple of this forum, I wish you well on your future plans!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
RD wishing You & Your Wife the Best in the new circumstances & health.

I am relatively new on this forum, but have enjoyed reading your posts over the last 15months, & have gained much perspective from your KIS & economic focus in Campervan Building. Wishing you a speedy sale on your van & hope to still see you posting on this forum.

·
Premium Member
8,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Our van sold to the first couple who looked at it this morning. Thank you all for your support over the years. I will be lurking at least for a while. I have gotten so much from you all I cannot say thank you enough. Many of you have put up with a lot from me and I look forward to future meetings with some of you as an old timer. We are fine and adventures will continue. We will miss our van as well, and who knows?

·
Registered
147 Posts
One of the main reasons I continue to peruse the forum is to read RD’s pearls of wisdom and glean knowledge about my diesel Promaster. RD, thank you for your contributions and please continue to grace the forum with your knowledge.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hope you stick around @RDinNHandAZ to help keep the kids with their wild ideas in line! Seems like with your skills and knowledge you could make some real money converting vans and selling them...van conversion shops are popping up like dandillions in spring but most of them are terrible.

If I had a PM diesel Id sell it too!

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
All the best RD! I'm glad to hear that you and the Mrs. are fine. I look forward to seeing you continue to part of this forum. I've learned a lot from you.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Our van sold to the first couple who looked at it this morning. Thank you all for your support over the years. I will be lurking at least for a while. I have gotten so much from you all I cannot say thank you enough. Many of you have put up with a lot from me and I look forward to future meetings with some of you as an old timer. We are fine and adventures will continue. We will miss our van as well, and who knows?
Did they know it was a diesel ? :)

·
Registered
Diesel PM, 2015, 2500 hi-top
141 Posts
Due to changing circumstances and issues of health we are going to sell our campervan. Much has been said about it and the adventures we have had with it. Like Steve of “BackRoader" fame there comes a time to move on. Ours has come. Refer to my build thread, plans, costs, etc and if it might work for you or someone you know we would like to think it moves to someone who benefits. I am happy to answer questions of course. RD

View attachment 63780
I haven't been on this forum in ages, but RD I remember you! Did you have an emissions replacement, DEF tank and all, under warranty, about a $5K job with parts on backorder for an eternity, anytime recently in the last year or so? I did, they said there was an internal vacuum leak? not an external leak . . . I'm a bit scared of what the next emissions repair is going to cost so in January 2020 I bought the Mopar extended warranty (another year pass the 5 year warranty I purchased with the new van in 2015) for $83 p/mth and I'm curious if any of you diesel owners got that extended warranty? probably a waste of $$ and if I don't carry the warranty for 2021, I suspect my diesel emissions system will go kaputz! Expensive repair job! Any advice from y'all?

·
Premium Member
8,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Trecilla, I never in my 5 years and 82,000 miles had any emissions issues. I have posted many times with my experience and my recommendations about DEF, driving habits, FCA’s lack of definitive solutions and my disappointment in not getting a replacement diesel. At $1000 per year for that warrantee you will burn through a lot of repairs in a few years. It is a gamble. I still go to Walmart, buy fresh dated DEF of their brand and have no issues. I don’t trust any DEF that has been stored outside or in the Sun. The tank replacement was probably due to the sensor going bad and it’s replacement is to put in a complete new tank. Personally I doubt most DEF failures are more than corrosion on the wiring, cloged lines, and perhsps a DEF injector or two. FCA just doesn’t seem to know.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts