Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am super excited to be a part of this forum. It is something that I do not usually do. I do have a question. I am a traveling sales rep and have been lusting over promasters for years. I think I might have found my baby. I just located a 2014 136" 2500 Diesel. Any thoughts? Problems i should be looking for. It has just under 36,000 miles on it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I want to make sure that I make the wisest decision for my family and business as possible. Thanks a ton, Vanlife

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
There were some teething problems with the emissions on the early diesels. That doesn’t mean this one will have them. I would want the work/repair/recall report and a chance to drive it for a few hundred miles. Perhaps a limited time/milage warrantee form the dealer? These issues were mostly fixed by software updates not parts. A limited number of early diesel vans were repurchased by FCA as they couldn’t get them to run correctly or stop throwing codes. I suspect those are already fixed and resold to customers.
This is not an issue for 2015’s built after February 2015. A handful of diesel owners are getting a code occasionally for a clutch issue. Most are not seeing other symptoms of clutch problems but one or two are complaining about what they call feathering.
BTW we know there are lots of diesels here so they should be rare.
This van can get 27 mpg lightly loaded, the oil change is spendy but only needs to be done about 18,500 miles according to FCA.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts