Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Bed-rug arrived today.
I give it a woohoo and for several reasons.
It is way thicker than I expected.
It actually has an insulating value--being closed cell foam
and almost 3/4 inch in the valleys.
It creates a nice flat surface for the next layer of flooring.
So our first mod has arrived and is kinda in place. I don't know
if it should be glued in place? Eventually other things will be on it
to hold it in place (cabinets, industrial sliders, etc.)
And here is Poof the she-boss after the 2 minute un-roll install.
Sorry for the craptastic image :(

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,816 Posts
Fantastic. Wish I could have done that, but IIRC, it didn't exist yet. Those black trim pieces you removed from the front corners can be easily trimmed with a jigsaw. The plastic melts and oozes as you cut--looks like you are ruining it, but then it flakes off to a nice smooth edge. But wait to do it til your final floor is in.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MsNomer more awesome advice from you, and totally cool you knew we removed the plastic door trims! Haha, reminds me why this forum is so valuable, you and the others have lived it.
Speaking of the final floor layer (remember we're going for an industrial Euro look), it will be the KKPlus from Legend Fleet Solutions. It's 1/2 inch wood so more R value. What we are debating now is do we also put down some Dupont Blueboard (the non compressible 20psi rigid foam board) between the Bed-rug and the KKPlus. It's only time and not expensive so why not?
I think that would give us a 2 1/2 inch floor.
Hey, MsNomer, thanks for being out there and so willing to chime in!
Robert

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,816 Posts
How tall are you two? How much clearance do you need above/below bed? is extra height at the doors going to be a problem? IMHO, extra ceiling insulation is much more critical than floor, so consider the whole envelope before you do this. That rug is already going to be very effective.

·
Super Moderator
10,659 Posts
Agreed. Your floor will be plenty warm save your money for the ceiling and walls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts