Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching various videos and doing some minor surfing for specs, I think the diesel engine that will be used in the ProMaster is the Fiat Industrial 4P10 3.0. We know the correct size is 3.0, and if my idea is correct, it's a world wide in use engine already.
What I can find is it's a relatively new design, 2009-10 time frame, I think, jointly designed with Mitsubishi Fuso, hence it's use here in North America already in the medium duty Fuso trucks.
Should be a good engine especially for a light duty van & chassis cabs aka ProMaster......

I hadn't seen any of this talked about here yet so I thought I'd look it up.
Someone may find something else out, or more pertinent info

·
Registered
247 Posts
This engine moves also this vehicle:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iveco_LMV
It's a very good engine.
Many are installed on motorhomes in Europe and user are very satisfied by both versions installed on the Ducato (160 and 180 hp)...
The only "issue" is that the Euro5 180 is a little less brilliant at lower revs.
On the Daily there is also a more powerful version with a twin turbo...

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I'm interested to see how the engine/AMT combo does. AMTs are used in heavy trucks (Volvo has been using them for a few years now), but I've yet to see them filter to light trucks and vans.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm interested to see how the engine/AMT combo does. AMTs are used in heavy trucks (Volvo has been using them for a few years now), but I've yet to see them filter to light trucks and vans.
Heavy Volvo trucks as in Volvo 18 wheelers?

Definitely going to be interesting to see how it all works in something much smaller and lighter.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yea, the Ecodiesel 1500's engine is great. super fuel efficient, and has also been getting some great reviews. I would lean more towards that Mottori engine being in the Promaster diesel. I just have heard more hype around it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are you sure its not going to be the Mottori Diesel from the RAM EcoDiesel 1500?
No, the ProMaster is getting an in-line 4cyl 3.0 diesel, not the Mottori V-6.
They are from 2 different companies within the Fiat conglomerate. Mottori is the one that GM co-owned with Fiat up until they, GM, pulled out in 2009 I believe.
The V6 Mottori diesel was originally supposed to be a Cadillac engine for Europe. It would be nice for the PM to get this engine though

·
Registered
166 Posts
The 4 cylinder diesel for the Promaster is the S30 us written by Vale72, better known as F1C (is part of F1 family engines).
4P10 is the name of F1C built by FTP Industrial for Mitsubishi Fuso (Daimler group) that use it in the Canter truck. Since 1st quarter 2013 they built 4P10 engine with EPA13 specification for on road vehicles (engines are built in Italy in FPT Industrial Foggia plant, there are other plants that serve other markets).
In Foggia plant FPT since 2000 built around 2 million F1 family engines (F1A 2.3 l, F1B 2.8 l that is going out of production and F1C 3.0 l).

The F1C is also used in the IVECO Daily (RWD more payload, frame, no Unibody) and IVECO Daily 4x4.

·
Registered
386 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
The 4 cylinder diesel for the Promaster is the S30 us written by Vale72, better known as F1C (is part of F1 family engines).
4P10 is the name of F1C built by FTP Industrial for Mitsubishi Fuso (Daimler group) that use it in the Canter truck. Since 1st quarter 2013 they built 4P10 engine with EPA13 specification for on road vehicles (engines are built in Italy in FPT Industrial Foggia plant, there are other plants that serve other markets).
In Foggia plant FPT since 2000 built around 2 million F1 family engines (F1A 2.3 l, F1B 2.8 l that is going out of production and F1C 3.0 l).

The F1C is also used in the IVECO Daily (RWD more payload, frame, no Unibody) and IVECO Daily 4x4.
That's a lot of words and names of engines, but is there anything to take away from it? I'm just trying to figure out what diesel engine will be used in the Promaster and if we like it or not.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe VM Motori is now one of the largest manufacturers of diesels in Europe.

MJAB is correct about which version is being used. They are all the same basic design with variations for each vehicle manufacturer, hence different model designations.

In other words, they make a whole lot of them.....

·
Registered
247 Posts
VM Motori has a productive capacity of more than 100 000 car engines/year. It's 50% Fiat and 50% GM...
All the engines come from the Cento facility in Emilia Romagna region.
A region called "land of engines". Ferrari, Lamborghini, Ducati, Maserati are there...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
11 Participants
Vale72
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing