Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get a highroof Promaster!
so I just took delivery of a 14 2500 highroof, and, have lost 10 lbs. cause it wont fit through any drive-thru's. Best weight lose program ever!!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'm hoping that I lose weight when I get my van too. At the moment I have what my wife refers to as "Parking Mojo". We can go to the grocery store or a busy restaurant and I almost always get a spot really close to the door.

If I get a 2500 15"wb or a Transit extended I'll be parking farther away where it fits in a spot or two, then walking further.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
If I get a 2500 15"wb or a Transit extended I'll be parking farther away where it fits in a spot or two, then walking further.

Side note: I parked next to a beautiful clean black Transit yesterday. When I watched the guy loading boxes I noticed something odd. He was crouching over while he walked around. That's because it was the medium roof! That always gets me. I like the look of the transit medium roof and hate the high roof. Problem is you have to get the high roof if you want to walk upright.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Get a highroof Promaster!
so I just took delivery of a 14 2500 highroof, and, have lost 10 lbs. cause it wont fit through any drive-thru's. Best weight lose program ever!!!!
That's a little surprising to me in that I was figuring a high-roof Pro-Master would fit under most drive-thrus, at least most in my area.

My present van is 7-ft high so I always take a quick look at clearance sign, and most say "9-ft". I figured except for maybe the antena that a 100-inch ProMaster would go pass under easily.

Do you have racks, ladders, or other roof-mounted equipment? Or are drive-thrus of the older 8-ft clearance height?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Drive throughs? Geez... don't remember the last time I used a drive through. I detest the **** things. I grew up in San Luis Obispo, CA; they outlawed them for new construction (there were a few banks in town that grandfathered in).

The only ones that I really understand, and approve of, are for pharmacies. Don't need to be dragging your sick self (or kids, or whomever) all the way through the store to get prescriptions.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a little surprising to me in that I was figuring a high-roof Pro-Master would fit under most drive-thrus, at least most in my area.

My present van is 7-ft high so I always take a quick look at clearance sign, and most say "9-ft". I figured except for maybe the antena that a 100-inch ProMaster would go pass under easily.

Do you have racks, ladders, or other roof-mounted equipment? Or are drive-thrus of the older 8-ft clearance height?
i think most of ours are at the 8' mark, I need to stop eating that crap anyway!

"outlawed drive throughs" wow! only in california!

·
Registered
625 Posts
i think most of ours are at the 8' mark, I need to stop eating that crap anyway!

Yup.

And in 1990, SLO was the first city in the US to ban smoking in restaurants. Really was a great place to grow up.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts

You would think that with all the hybrid and electric cars out there that idling while waiting for a burger wouldn't be a problem.:)

On long road trips I may occasionally stop for coffee, but prefer to go inside the store to stretch my legs. Unfortunately it takes just as long as drive-thrus which have become parking lots. And that's due to an ever-increasing number of items on menu which has caused gridlock. Fast food is anything but.

Still, on a rainy cold night if I want coffee, I prefer the drive-thru. I'm hoping whatever van I end up with will have access just like my present van does.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Move to Phoenix and you'll lose weight too without having to buy a large van...
The heat is coming and that means, you'll lose your appetite and want to drink more water. (Especially if you work outdoors!)
Come on summer, I can't wait to lose another 15 lbs this year!
(Who am I kidding?! I hate the summers here!!)

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
Yeah I know, so I plan to leave for NH in early May. Nice and cool there and good for a big appetite. I'm trying to loose one of those Michelin man rings, Bib's the name if I don't! Let it be hot till May. BTW Chandler is shopping central for us in Ajo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts