Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started my eight month trip to Alaska, I'm now in Georgia heading West. Will try to post pictures as time and connectivity permit. If you'd like to follow along vist my blog - http://www.takethelongway.us
I've now spent 128 nights in my PM since the conversion was completed - loving it!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Have a safe trip! Hopefully you can get some pictures of Sasquatch:)

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
We have enjoyed your travel posts in the past and the information on the conversion Moorehead Design Lab (SP?) did on your van. Update us along the way and keep the pictures of the sights and the van coming please.
Be well and travel safely.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Hi Steve,
Sounds like a great trip.

If you can work it in, I very highly recommend the Dempster Highway in the Yukon. It was the highlight of our trip up there.

Gary

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Steve,
Sounds like a great trip.

If you can work it in, I very highly recommend the Dempster Highway in the Yukon. It was the highlight of our trip up there.

Gary
It's on our list!

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
Kermit chair? Ride BMW Steve?

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Steve,

Friends of ours bought their first RV and traveled east coast to west and back. They stayed almost exclusively at state and federal forests. Their photo album is amazing!

Love the "ironing board table" by your slider..... gonna think about a way to do something like that!

Enjoy the trip,
Ed

·
Registered
625 Posts
Its a long ways down the road, but wouldn't mind seeing you and the van if you find yourself coming through SE Washington. I might even have my van by then.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its a long ways down the road, but wouldn't mind seeing you and the van if you find yourself coming through SE Washington. I might even have my van by then.
Thanks for the invite - 5 or 6 months from now we should be in your neighborhood.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Steve, How is the Fiamma awning working out especially in rain and moderate wind? Any wet-out or dripping issues? Their web site FAQ says don't use for rain, only shade and to roll up if raining. Odd. They seem to suggest they are worried about pooling and weight. That could be fixed by proper setup, right? They have simple brackets for PM roof now at $157. Rack or rails not needed. I'm seriously looking at one but would like to ask the guy who probably has the most road experience with this on a PM than anyone.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Steve, How is the Fiamma awning working out especially in rain and moderate wind? Any wet-out or dripping issues? Their web site FAQ says don't use for rain, only shade and to roll up if raining. Odd. They seem to suggest they are worried about pooling and weight. That could be fixed by proper setup, right? They have simple brackets for PM roof now at $157. Rack or rails not needed. I'm seriously looking at one but would like to ask the guy who probably has the most road experience with this on a PM than anyone.
My awnings (I have one on each side) are working just fine. The passenger side gets used in the rain (with no issues) and does a great job keeping the rain out when the sliding door is open. What I do is set the support poles (i use attachment points on the van) so that the front corner is higher than the rear, so that the water drains off the awning away from the door - haven't had a problem with pooling or wind (but I do get them down if it gets breezy OR if I'm going to be away from the van). Both awnings do a great job of keeping the sun off the van sides - keeping it cooler.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts