Ram Promaster Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks for your posting of the trips and excellent photos. I have followed them all starting with Alaska. Your efforts bring great joy to this 76 year old declining health van camper who must limit travels to the East Coast.

·
Premium Member
7,385 Posts
Steve will fill you all in I am sure so I’ll defer on that..... but when he stopped and I saw..... it inspired me to get similar results with my iPhone and Google Maps or an App. See: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62346
If you have ideas or knowledge I can use help on this still.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
That is a really cool map. How did you produce it?
Phil is correct, I carry a Garmin InReach Explorer which allows me to generate waypoints every ten minutes while I'm traveling. Those waypoints are automatically posted to a map that I display on my blog - Take The Long Way on the MapShare page.

Although the waypoint/map feature is a nice benefit, allowing folks that follow my blog to see where I'm at, the InReach Explorer is primarily an emergency communicator. It provides 2-way satellite based text messaging including the ability to generate a SOS message to the GEOS emergency monitoring center. I purchased the device for my Alaska trip but have continued to carry it (and pay the monthly fee) because I like being prepared, especially when I'm off the beaten path.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Love this thread and hope to hit Mexico when I get more used to all of this.

Are you using the 'standard' tires?

Les, DFW

·
Registered
221 Posts
After watching the kiteboarders and surfers, the last couple of days, we headed out for another run across the desert. Some great scenery and only a couple places that challenged the ProMaster. We did just over 70 miles of gravel (averaged 12mph) and saw one other vehicle. Rain today (first we've had in Baja) so yesterday's drive would likely be impossible today.

[/QUOTE
After watching the kiteboarders and surfers, the last couple of days, we headed out for another run across the desert. Some great scenery and only a couple places that challenged the ProMaster. We did just over 70 miles of gravel (averaged 12mph) and saw one other vehicle. Rain today (first we've had in Baja) so yesterday's drive would likely be impossible today.

Hey Steve. I just saw the second picture in this sequence. Where were you? As for many of your other photos, I recognize them as I've been there!!!

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
If Steve doesn't log in this is from his blog -
"After getting some assistance from some nearby campers (in particular the nice gentlemen with his winch equipped quad) we got back on the road and are now in El Sargento, east of LaPaz. This area is a hotspot for kitesurfing - and we're getting a good look at the action from our campground."

·
Registered
221 Posts
If Steve doesn't log in this is from his blog -
"After getting some assistance from some nearby campers (in particular the nice gentlemen with his winch equipped quad) we got back on the road and are now in El Sargento, east of LaPaz. This area is a hotspot for kitesurfing - and we're getting a good look at the action from our campground."
Thanks. That's what I thought. I spend the winters there!!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts