Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I've debated adding more LED light strips in this build. My question is how will you wire them? Are they all on separate fuses and switches or will they be wired together somehow?
Most 12 volt LED strips seem to pull so little power that you can probably put quite a few on one circuit. I think when it is all done I'll have 2 light circuits, maybe 1amp each, I can't remember exactly what they draw. I got these for my storage and footlight areas: Cheapo pack of lots of strip lights at Amazon

Most LED strips are 12V so you can string a lot of them together in a row or just tie all the +'s and -'s together, then connect to a switch or dimmer... or use a switch on each line to control which lights go on/off.

AMB, when I first saw the bed folded up, I thought about all the things you could store in the spaces between the bed joists... add some vertical doors to the bottom side, and you get lots of storage in already-used space! I'm sure that's part of your plan...
Yeah I'm definitely going to do some of that--It's already about as heavy as I want so I may figure a way to install some gas struts or helper springs to when I do that. I also want to cover it with art, something fun to look at.

I anticipate leaving the bed down a lot on camping and road trips, so was thinking of some storage options for the bed underneath. Need something kind of like drawers but I don't want heavy tracks or anything expensive to install. I was thinking of some hdpe on wood runners to make it easy to slide crates underneath.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I didn't anticipate the lighting design and isntall to take as much planning and energy as it did. LEDs are great but they aren't great to look at. They need to be indirect so you aren't getting little hot spots. So I'm facing them up above eye level or low down facing down. I'll probably even build some little wall sconce thing, all ugly out of plywood, to put some lights in at eye level. I wanted plenty of lighting in all the storage areas and I want to switch lights from the sliding door area and the headboard area. I think I'll have two 3 way switched lights.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I anticipate leaving the bed down a lot on camping and road trips, so was thinking of some storage options for the bed underneath. Need something kind of like drawers but I don't want heavy tracks or anything expensive to install. I was thinking of some hdpe on wood runners to make it easy to slide crates underneath.
What I mean is on the floor, to slide crates, not on the bed's bottom, probably I'm unclear.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just as an FYI I bought the van with 20k miles for 21k USD and have put about total 1700 in parts and pieces, including almost 700 for the swivels and 250 for the jackery battery. So it shows you can do a fun simple build for a decent price. It is not something to live in, for me, extended road trips and weekenders, I am sure I will keep tweaking it as time goes on

·
Registered
9 Posts
😵
Are they made of titanium and designed by NASA?
I was shocked too when I looked at SwivelsRUs. Not trying to be a downer for the OP, just wanting others to know of other options. I just purchased a set of CTAs from LeisureLines.net out of the UK. $364 total for the pair including shipping. Hope there are no issues! Was told 2-3 weeks to get them, but heard others had them in a matter of days after shipment.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
No regrets, happy you found a better deal. 686$ delivered in a few days for 2. I didn't want to wait or deal with international shipping. The price I saw on Leisurelines was 364 but no shipping quote, did you get free shipping? I mean, it is a relatively simple design of plates and plastic and bolts so my price seems way excessive. I'm just looking forward to swiveling.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Ha!
I thought you meant the swivels for your Murphy bed!
Just hit me that you meant your front seats.
Amazing what some good sleep will do for your brain.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No regrets, happy you found a better deal. 686$ delivered in a few days for 2. I didn't want to wait or deal with international shipping. The price I saw on Leisurelines was 364 but no shipping quote, did you get free shipping? I mean, it is a relatively simple design of plates and plastic and bolts so my price seems way excessive. I'm just looking forward to swiveling.
Once in my shopping cart, they listed at £100 each. After I emailed them for the shipping quote, they sent me a link for Carriage Shipping at £80, which I added to my cart as well. There was no additional shipping charges above that. I just received notification that the package is scheduled for delivery via DHL on Monday. I ordered them yesterday.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts