Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a surprisingly poor job of documenting my build as I went, but wanted to at least show off the finished project. After previously owning an extra long Class B Sprinter, I wanted something that was more nimble for driving around the city and flexible enough to haul things, since I sold my truck to cover the costs. We ended up throwing a baby in to the mix, so we had to add another seat. Here are a few of the highlights:

• Custom welded aluminum 2 piece bed frame that's easy to remove. It sits on 2 aluminum rails that are mounted to a custom steel c-channel cross member.
  • Installed l-track along each side of the van to mount the 3rd seat and kitchen galley to. I used the Base Fab mounts to use an old Sienna seat that is removed with a simple 4 bolts. The galley l-track runs the length of the cabinet and bolts to the l track in multiple places.
  • Webasto Heater installed under the passenger seat
  • 100AH Battle Born lithium battery powered system (lights, fan, sink pump, fridge, USB outlets, heater)
  • Insulated with 3M thinsulate throughout
This is emptied out, but there's usually a car seat installed, and we've been using a pack and play that peeks out from under the bed for him to sleep. Our baby is only 8 months now, so we'll likely need to evolve a bit as he gets older. Van trips sure have gotten different since he was born, but it's been fun taking it slow and exploring new spots you wouldn't stop when he's had it with his car seat.

Anyway, it's pretty small and basic, but I hope it's some inspiration for folks or spurs some new ideas. give a shout with any questions!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice work! Simple but elegant!

I like the second slider... wonder if there's a way to add a track to that refrigerator slide so you could access from inside or outside.
That's what I was initially thinking and Accuride makes a two way slider, but then I'd have to have a flush drawer front and having it lock out be tricky. Instead of solving these issues, I just went basic to get up and running. I really have a missed opportunity using the back side of the galley, so open to any ideas!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Could you give details about your fridge drawer design? Slides? Locking mechanism? Attachment of fridge to drawer? Which fridge?

Thanks for the post! I love the look of your galley!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Hey do you have a link to that stretchy carpet that you use to finish the walls? Nice job btw!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could you give details about your fridge drawer design? Slides? Locking mechanism? Attachment of fridge to drawer? Which fridge?

Thanks for the post! I love the look of your galley!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
It's the Dometic CFX 50W fridge. I just used 250lb drawer slides attached to a drawer I built with Southco locking latches. The latch is attached to the divider above, but it's just a little too flimsy, so I gotta come up with a way to reinforce so it really feels solid like the drawer above. I bought a couple of lashing straps to attach the fridge handles to the drawer base, but haven't installed yet.

·
Premium Member
7,738 Posts
Name? gee that’s hard. Perhaps “White van with two doors and a third seat camper” On second thought that’s too long. Maybe call it “the Van” thats the name of ours but we will share.

·
Premium Member
7,738 Posts
I’m with you on that! ^^^^^^^

·
Premium Member
7,738 Posts
Isn’t yours called “The Train Station”?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts