Ram Promaster Forum banner

That funny little, cupholder..

8K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  Little Mother 
#1 ·
Just to the right of the radio, there is this funny sort of, cupholder. Might hold an 8 oz coffee until the first bump, maybe. See pic. Ours has a few sand dollars from the beach in it right now.
Question is, what do you do with it/Have done with it?
I would like to find a smartphone cradle that fits that. Most all of them seem to clamp into a regular cup holder though.
Anyone found one that works?
Or, what else have you done with the sorta kinda cupholder?
Thanks all.

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
I wanna say the auto section. And I can't remember what area. My brain has a very disorganized file system. A few subjects are very organized, in folders and ordered in the file cabinet. Most stuff is scattered in piles all over the office and mixed up.
I wanna say it was Walmart in OK or SoCal. And I'm only half sure it was a Walmart and the auto dept.
I'll Google it and see if I can find it.

#15 ·
I had a choice between gray and blue.
I picked blue because it sticks out.
I feel that will be a trend as we get older.
I like it because it fits snug in that spot and turns it from useless to useful. We kept pens, pencils, 2 plastic spoons, a tiny spritzer bottle of eyeglass cleaner and a mini eyeglass rag in there.
Btw, the divider goes all the way to the bottom, so it would be a pain to cut it out and use it for a drink holder.
But I like it for what we used it for.
For $5, pound for pound the best mod I've done yet

#26 ·
Thanks for my laughs tonight. The bright color comment, the excitement over useful contribution, but most of all for finding it online! My new Promaster, temporarily delayed in Maryland due to Canadian border closure not allowing me to retrieve and drive it back to Alaska, is arriving next month (with driver moving to Fairbanks or, worst case, by ship from Seattle). So I am getting serious and excited about all the little comfort things for her, like your wonderful $3 find at Wally World!

#27 ·
I ordered these based on this post. I like them! They are made of some kind of compressible foam, which (1) keeps them secure in the little cupholder, but (2) takes away a little of the usable space. Very much an improvement and well worth the 10 bucks. Thanks 👍

#21 ·
FYI: If you take out the rubber insert, there is a screw underneath. So, you could buy almost any cup (in a color of your choice) and use the screw to secure it instead of requiring a tight fit. Didn't know about the screw until I discovered it while trying to open that section of the dash!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.