Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks for the big ABS bumper!
I met a construction truck on our way to a restaurant for my wife's birthday dinner last evening. As he met us I saw an object drop to the road from behind his truck bounce once and crash into the front of my "new" Promaster! When it hit I expected a loud crash of metal or glass but only heard a dull thunk. When we pulled into the restaurant I walked around front to see the damage and ....... nothing! All I could see was a small dent in the ABS bumper which should go away on the next sunny day as these plastics seem to restore to their molded shape. Happy, happy, happy!

Reactions: MJAB

·
Registered
625 Posts
All I could see was a small dent in the ABS bumper which should go away on the next sunny day as these plastics seem to restore to their molded shape. Happy, happy, happy!
Its been a couple months, and you've surely had some sunny days in AZ, how's the bumper looking now?

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NO DENT- you cannot see it! Had a friend w/an ABS canoe which got wrapped around a log in current when the West Branch was running. Retrieved and stomped it back into a sort of canoe shape and used a couple of hot sunny days upended in the North Maine Woods by Chesuncook lake and it was almost perfect! Stuff "remembers the mold"

Reactions: zwarte

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had a guy in a old Chevy sedan hit & run on me last week. Pulled out into like he never saw me. Heard and felt a big thump. I pulled over and he took off at full throttle. Didn't even leave a mark where he struck the side panel. And he left a headlamp and plastic bits all over the road as he took off! I was pissed off, but impressed.

Reactions: zwarte
1 - 6 of 6 Posts