Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got stuck in a hard place. My house was too expensive and required too much money for upkeep. Log cabin on 2 acres, dream home.

Problem was I was stuck. Hated my job and couldn't go back to school or change career due to dip in income. Stresses from the house, along with other reasons, caused myself and my girlfriend at the time to break up and sell the house.

I decided this would be a good time for finishing my bachelor's degree, however my school is 2 hours away and I have a life/job established here. I didn't want to move back in with my parents because I'm a grown adult (although they did offer), and didn't want to throw money away renting or buying a place. I did some soul searching and was considering living out of my car at the time, a dodge charger. I started thinking about how I could make it work comfortably, like buying an RV or van, however got absolutely no support from friends or family.

I actually lost my best friend because she thought I was making a huge mistake and it caused a fight. My ex (who is very close to me still) said she thought I was losing my mind when I took her to the Ram dealership to look at the promaster. My mom was pleading with me to just stay with her, or she'd help me with an apartment. She was treating me like I was on suicide watch. I couldn't bring myself to trade in my charger and begin a van conversion without support, and had less than a month before the closing on the house.

I found this forum and realized a load of people have been doing what I was thinking and got a lot of ideas. Even though I never posted before today and never talked to anyone specifically, I realized that this "crazy idea" was possible. Not just possible, but a fun and interesting project. Well I bought the vehicle and am a few weeks into my build. I love it, and will post something in the build section soon.

Thanks for giving me the courage and inspiration to do this.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
You are welcome. Yes we are “Just plain NUTZ” here but we are definitely not on suicide watch, quite the contrary we are on "LIVE NOW" watch! Good luck on the project and your desire to be better educated and find a better life.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Average people hate vans and the thought of staying in them.

Speaking as a guy who spent five years crewing small fast attack submarines in the navy, I find them to be very comfortable and roomy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts