Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old guy here. Checking around on pricing. Looking to buy a high top 2500 159 ( mid-length) Pro Master within the next 6 months. Seems some dealers are not concerned too much to sell below MSRP. Yet see a few on the internet that may want to deal ( going by listed discounts) at least untill you show up, then it starts. Been around the block and have bought several vehicles in my day, new and a few used. A clean low mileage 2018 or 2019 used is Ok by me. So opinions on where to go for best deal-without having to argue for 3 -4 hrs on price . Trying to stay within 200 miles from San Antonio Texas. Appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Use carguru.com to search deals. They will monitor and email a price drop on saved vehicles. I had one van saved at a dealer I was watching. Woke up to an email from car guru saying price drop on the van I was watching. The price was $7500 below sticker. I called the dealer to verify price was real. Drove there that day and came home with it. Got my 2019 in October. Be willing to drive.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I live in Oklahoma and my wife did not want white. I used CarGuru heavily, but was willing to drive to get the color and price we wanted. We ended up flying to Atlanta to drive home a basically new 2018 2500 HR 159" in Granite for about $10K off sticker. You may find something closer but your colors and models will be limited, but something may pop up for you. Best of luck in your hunt.

·
Premium Member
8,431 Posts
Send emails with your ideal van and what it must have to every dealer within a distance you would travel to. Ask for their internet sales person. Inform them you are a buyer not a looker and will be buying from whoever comes closest to the van you want and has the best price. Tell them what incentives you will qualify for. Ask for an out-the-door price with all fees. A bid.
I got bids from 6 or 7 dealers on an van order and the best price happened to be <30 miles away. Oddly the next lower bid contacted me after I told him where I purchased and asked why I didn’t call for a better price? How stupid but you may try that too. I paid over $4000 off MSRP. Vans on the lot should be discounted more than that.

·
Registered
2018 Silver 159 HT
146 Posts
When I bought my 2018 Camry. I went into seven Toyota dealers in my area and told them to put their best OTD price in a envelope and I would open them all at one time and the best price would get the sale that day. Told them I didn't need to drive it, had owned Camrys continuously since 1985 and put a million miles on them. It was like a game, I had dealers who knew we were coming and salesmen were texting other salesmen at other dealerships saying they were going to win. I had all seven prices by 12:30pm. When I called the dealer that won, you could hear him yell that they won. The price was crazy low, under invoice. Funny every Toyota dealer had the same car a white SE. I know you can't do that with a PM. The point is to have fun and put yourself in control.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update here. Changed my mind on Promaster van WB. Decided a 136” high top will work for our needs. Looking around more and agree I must be willing to travel farther to get a better price. Looks like there are many new 2019 loaded ones for $ 28,xxx.00 to $29,xxx.00 , plus TTL and what ever fees they add on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm looking at a 135" regular top 2018 with 29K miles and in really good condition (from photos) on Tred.com for 21,500 OBO. Thinking I still want a high top . . .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts