Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my gas half ton, reg roof van for almost a year. My wife has driven it twice around the block, this weekend she took it out of town for two days. Im not sure she realized the sacrifice it was for me and in my opinion a true test of my love for her.

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
A friend of mine used to say "Forbid Her!" and I would answer "Bold Talk!" My wife so far has refused to drive the van. She only drove my F150 when she had to. She thinks a proper size car for her to drive is her Miata. I agree.

·
Registered
120 Posts
felt the same way when I had to let my 19 year old son drive mine. :-D

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm with you RD. My wife never drove my Sprinter more than a block. She is just not interested in driving a big vehicle. I suggested we buy a passenger Sprinter so she can haul our 2 children and their 'support equipment', but she does not want to even hear it.

·
Super Moderator
10,650 Posts
Same here. My wife drove my Sprinter once in 10 years. She wouldn't even consider driving the Promaster!

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
I tell her she needs to do it at least once to know how since I will probably be incapacitated by the inevitable old mans' situations, you know, broken hip from a fall, kidney stone passing, heart attack, dislocated shoulder, and I only mention events that have actually happened to friends of mine while traveling! Hurry! Drive me to the E-room while I lie in the back hoping for morphine- What do you mean you don't know how? DRIVE!

·
Registered
625 Posts
We went into the PM purchase with the idea that it would be a weekender RV for both of us. Separately. Its just the way it works for us. She has her weekend trips for dog agility events and I have my weekends for cycling events. We shared driving duties on our road trip to New Mexico. And yesterday she drove it all around town for errands as her Mini Cooper was in the shop. No problems...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts