Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove the 159 and the 136 high top to decide which to get. I believe the 136 has just enough space to fit everything in my proposed camper build. My reason for posting is to ask if anyone else has a poor factory paint job. Both of the silver ones on the lot had this issue. You can definitely see how they screwed up. Looks like I painted it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Yes I have seen the silver ones also on the lots, some are fine some are blotchy.
I believe it it a 3 stage paint process. base/metalic/clear.

Something is not dial right at the factory.
The solid colors seem fine to me. base/clear.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine is granite crystal and has a blemish on the same panel, only on the the upper part. I'll snap a pic when the rain stops.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine are both evenly painted, however, there are 2 or 3 very tiny bubbles. Wouldn't have noticed them, but waxed em both the day I got them home and inspected every square inch. Pretty p*ss poor quality control for sure.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the gold/cashmere color & I can pick out shadowing in the metallic, not as bad as the ones pictured though. I work with paint colors everyday so stuff like that`s easy for me to see. I can`t fathom how the factory would let something as bad as those pictures out the door, thats pretty sorry.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought 2 silver ones, both of mine have issues at that seam. Mine were the best ones of the lot and definitely both look like a repaint....

If you really want to see how bad a silver one looks before you buy take a flash pic at night and any issues will jump out at you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Their paint and inspection process seems to be marginal at best. My new granite crystal one just arrived at the dealer's lot yesterday. I stopped by to take a look before I pick it up today. There was a paint chip in the passenger front door about half the size of a pencil eraser (likely careless transport or prep). Dealer is going to have his paint dept. blend and re-clear that spot. But there is also an inside out ding in the middle of the panel behind the driver's door. We'll find out next week if the paintless dent guy can fix that. It is actually behind the cross bar on that panel, so it must have been that way since assembly. The entire paint job has an inordinate amount of orange peel texturing. In the age of automated painting the Q.C. should be much better than it is. I think the general attitude on PMs (corporate and dealer) is, its only a cargo van, it doesn't have to be perfect. They will have to get that out of their heads if they're going to go toe to toe with Transit and others. People are only willing to put up with this kind of sloppiness if the price is significantly less. So far that doesn't seem to be the case. On the bright side at least it's finally here. I finally have something to start my own thread about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts