81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
That's the VHB before the covering film is removed. 3M says we need about 30 linear inches to support the door. I think we are close to 150. Way more than we need, but I wanted to be sure the panel conformed to the door's profile.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Oh, that's a folding mast step. I use it to hold my bicycle so I don't have to lean the bike against the van while loading/unloading.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Since our planned trip was cancelled, we put in some time working on the ceiling.

Furring strips for bracing.

We used white hardboard. I do not like this material. It feels cheap and is fragile. At one point I left a piece of painters tape on over night and when I removed the tape it pulled off some of the finish. But, it looks good over all and was the only thing we could get before we went into lock down. Worse case, we replace it next year and use these pieces as templates.

We built boxes over the doors and covered them in the gray materials we used on the doors. An arch over the curtain presses the ceiling up to the roof.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Yes, I am a master at procrastination, & we are in Pseudo lock down or “self” restrictions and have got loads done around the house where usually I can find a reason not to get stuff done (A small amount of work on the van, but mostly the house).

Feel for you guys & hope it gets resolved for you soon @ SF

81 - 95 of 95 Posts