1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
795 Posts
Back in the day . . . . before my time , cars that had "visors" also had a prism on top of the dash to see the signal .

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Back in the day . . . . before my time , cars that had "visors" also had a prism on top of the dash to see the signal .
Wait I remember them! Oh what am I saying?

·
Registered
468 Posts
how tall are we talking I'm 5'11" and have no problem at all with traffic lights.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have the adjustable seat and, when its in the highest position, overhead lights can be just hidden if I pull right up to the stop line. One possibility would be for me to lower the seat. The other is to stop back from the stop line a foot or two. Or duck a small amount to see the light. I am 5'10"

·
Registered
625 Posts
I would recommend that first link by Quixote. Same thing here: http://www.lightinsight.com/

We had one of this in our Mini Cooper. Short roof and a short windshield that is quite vertical makes it very easy to block view of traffic lights. Had that thing stuck at the top of the windshield, VERY easy to see when the light changes and doesn't get in the way the rest of the time.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think a lot of people seem to miss the single greatest contributing factor to the issue of not clearly seeing the traffic signals when compared to your old car, SUV, pickup, etc. In the Promaster when you stop at the light, you are about a foot behind the front wheel. In your old vehicle you may have been 3-5 feet behind the front wheel. If you simply stop a few feet back from the stop line, to about where you would normally be stopped if you were in a car, then you should have no issue seeing the traffic signal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts