Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had a license plate light go out @ 7500mi. Had the dealer fix it @ oil change, covered to 36k. Now I have a DRL out, so I'll have the dealer change it @ the next oil change, prob next week. I think they use crappy bulbs, as several have posted of bulb failures.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bulbs were fine...had to track it down. It was a broken wire where it comes through the door. Easy splice fix. I could see it bending when moving the door. Figured it bent one too many times. Rerouted so it wouldnt pinch like it was.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Which door? And what sis that split wire control? I wonder what the "tag" stood for? And what possesed you to look to the door wire looms?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The license plate door when I closed it the bulbs flickered. Figured it had to be the wiring in the door. Saw what looked to be an unusual bend and sure enough that was it luckily.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After 3 trips to 3 different dodge Chrysler dealerships, finally I got my license plate light NOT fixed and 344.00 dollars in the hole.
1st trip to one dealership with an appt from the day before, to get there and being told that Phil, is not in until Tuesday , out for training. But, I was told the day before when I get there to ask for Phil, at 8am.
Call the next dealership closer , can I come to fix my license plate light? Sure no problem, stuck in rush hour traffic I get there for them to tell me that they only fix promaster city, not the 1500 promaster that i have. What can I do ,get mad and blow the place up? Nope, take it with a grain of salt.
Let's call the next one , driving to Frederick MD , another dodge dealership at Tate. I get here , no problem will fix it. 5 hours later , they are telling me that there is smth wrong ( didn't I know that already), and one of the sockets at plate is bad.my new 2015 bought in April last year is faulty from manufacturing. They realized that the error message disappears if they take one bulb out , then the other still works.
So , after 5 hrs in shop, 344$ they tell me to come back and and have it fixed for another 300-400$ after they get the part in.
And I forgot to mention, I was suppose to leve today from Md to Ca, permanent move.
Now, I am all frustrated, ready to call dodge ram, how can this be possible. As soon as I got out of warranty something as simple as a licenae plate light is making me pay almost 7-800$ to have it done. I this ia not outrageous , I don't know what it is.
Any advice on taking this to corporate level?
Ram promaster 1500, high roof, 2015 , 45k miles as of today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After 3 trips to 3 different dodge Chrysler dealerships, finally I got my license plate light NOT fixed and 344.00 dollars in the hole.
1st trip to one dealership with an appt from the day before, to get there and being told that Phil, is not in until Tuesday , out for training. But, I was told the day before when I get there to ask for Phil, at 8am.
Call the next dealership closer , can I come to fix my license plate light? Sure no problem, stuck in rush hour traffic I get there for them to tell me that they only fix promaster city, not the 1500 promaster that i have. What can I do ,get mad and blow the place up? Nope, take it with a grain of salt.
Let's call the next one , driving to Frederick MD , another dodge dealership at Tate. I get here , no problem will fix it. 5 hours later , they are telling me that there is smth wrong ( didn't I know that already), and one of the sockets at plate is bad.my new 2015 bought in April last year is faulty from manufacturing. They realized that the error message disappears if they take one bulb out , then the other still works.
So , after 5 hrs in shop, 344$ they tell me to come back and and have it fixed for another 300-400$ after they get the part in.
And I forgot to mention, I was suppose to leve today from Md to Ca, permanent move.
Now, I am all frustrated, ready to call dodge ram, how can this be possible. As soon as I got out of warranty something as simple as a licenae plate light is making me pay almost 7-800$ to have it done. I this ia not outrageous , I don't know what it is.
Any advice on taking this to corporate level?
Ram promaster 1500, high roof, 2015 , 45k miles as of today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts