Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who uses packing peanuts anymore??? What a PIA :D

Warning, do not open in your house >:D I just had to vacuum my office :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congratulations Quest4Adv on your brand new swivel seat adapter. Just recieved mine from EuroCampers. Spent the past year thinking $284 was too much to spend. Is worth every penny, now able to spin seat around and utilize more space. A must have option for every camper, at least on the passenger side. EuroCampers Sports Craft Swivel was made in Portugal and weighs 45 lbs. Installation was very easy. I hope you enjoy your SwivelsRus seat adapter. Happy Trails.. DVD

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
+1
The swivels are great, but the styrofoam popcorn sucks. I had it all over my garage! It had a static charge on it so it went everwhere except where I wanted it :( It may not be there fault tho, it might have come from the factory that way.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Hey Quest4Adv,
You got the drivers side swivelsrus.com swivel? Is it installed? Can you review it for us. Swivel both ways? Sit in it while turning? Have to lower the steering wheel?

·
Registered
233 Posts
What RD said:)

Looks good,

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only purchased the passenger side for now. I'm not sure we'll need the driver's side one for what' we're doing.

I'll try to put it on this week(If I get my van back from the dealer, supposed to be done today). I need to build a bed platform by Friday though, we're going camping again this weekend for three nights and I really, really, really want to be able to use the new Memory Foam mattress we bought :) Also going to try to insulate the the van with the Thinsulate I got in from Hein.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have both driver and passenger swivels. They swivel either way. On the driver side I don't adjust the seat at all, but I drop the steering wheel, and swivel it clockwise until the back hits the steering wheel. That isn't 180 around, but it's enuf for me since. I don't think I've tried to swivel while I was sitting. The install was easy, the bolts all lined up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What`s the difference between the swivelsRus and the eurocampers swivel seat adapter, other than price? I mean, is one better than the other? Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
+1
The swivels are great, but the styrofoam popcorn sucks. I had it all over my garage! It had a static charge on it so it went everwhere except where I wanted it :( It may not be there fault tho, it might have come from the factory that way.
Papab, which brand did you order?

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
What`s the difference between the swivelsRus and the eurocampers swivel seat adapter, other than price? I mean, is one better than the other? Thanks!
The eurocampers.com is a Sportscraft product and the swivelsrus.com is a CTA product both from Europe and both were substantial products. I have the Sportscraft swivel and it moves the seat inboard as it turns and not back much at all. You must turn the drivers seat counterclockwise. It has a huge nut with a small central hole for the seat wires. Fits well and is solid. Great product. The CTA swivel has a large central opening, uses a large nylon washer to rotate on and moves the seat back as it rotates. You may rotate it clockwise but you may need the drivers door open or adjust back to swivel it counterclockwise. If you don't want the seat to move back get sports craft, if you don't want the seat to move towards the middle get CTA. eurocampers sells the sports craft swivel for about $35 less than swivelsrus sells the CBT for. Both seem to have stock.

Reactions: Lance Torre

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,530 Posts
RD,

I followed all that until the CTA turned into a CBT!

Has anyone swiveled the seats to face each other? If so, is there enough space for knees and a small table on a pole? I've seen this on many RVs but they are a bit wider between seats.

Ed

·
Registered
233 Posts
The eurocampers.com is a Sportscraft product and the swivelsrus.com is a CTA product both from Europe and both were substantial products. I have the Sportscraft swivel and it moves the seat inboard as it turns and not back much at all. You must turn the drivers seat counterclockwise. It has a huge nut with a small central hole for the seat wires. Fits well and is solid. Great product. The CTA swivel has a large central opening, uses a large nylon washer to rotate on and moves the seat back as it rotates. You may rotate it clockwise but you may need the drivers door open or adjust back to swivel it counterclockwise. If you don't want the seat to move back get sports craft, if you don't want the seat to move towards the middle get CTA. eurocampers sells the sports craft swivel for about $35 less than swivelsrus sells the CBT for. Both seem to have stock.
RD,

I feel I should direct Lance to the seat base swivel posts/threads that has extensive information on aftermarket swivel bases.

http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12898

RD I also feel I should clarify some of the details in your post:

Sportscraft

1) "I have the Sportscraft swivel and it moves the seat inboard as it turns and not back much at all. You must turn the drivers seat counterclockwise."

The pivot point on the Sportscraft is dead centre on the fore and aft axis. The lack of for and aft offset means that the steering wheel must be retracted/pushed in and a series of small adjustments has to be made as you rotate the seat clockwise inwards away from the door. RD I'm not sure why your Sportscraft does not rotate clockwise but, it is well documented that it does. I personally have the Sportscraft and have it rotates clockwise.

CTA

2) "You may rotate it clockwise but you may need the drivers door open or adjust back to swivel it counterclockwise."

The CTA swivel can rotate in both directions without opening the door.

There are 160 posts on this subject so just about every conceivable detail on aftermarket seat swivel bases is covered, including first hand reviews of several different brands.

Cheers,

Dave

Reactions: Brennan Lloyd

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Thanks Dave
The reference is great thanks, I was aware af the thread but I was just giving a summary and only partly from experience, always a dangerous thing. I have tried every combination of adjustments and cannot rotate my sports craft seat clockwise UNLESS I crank the seat back adjustment a bunch, which no sane person would do as that and getting it back requires carpel tunnel inducing wrist fatigue.;)
Dead center is close enough to "not much at all" at least in order of magnitude.>:D I didn't measure obviously.
CBT?? Duh where did that come from? Flirting fingers?:laugh:
I hope my message wasn't lost in my garble or your response: Both are quality products, rotate from different centers so the sports craft really must be rotated counterclockwise and the CTA can rotate clockwise. In my mind rotating clockwise is better. If your sportscraft goes clockwise w/o the back tilted forward let me know. I'd love to swivel it that way.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Who wants to sit in the drivers seat and swivel it "counter-clockwise" & face the rear cargo area and get out? No way

1 - 17 of 17 Posts