Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried seat swivels from Amazing Auto LLC, the website is www.spinterswivel.com ?

I like the price, and the swivel looks good. I just hate to order and not know if they are junk. They claim the same swivel works for both passenger and driver, but I would think that would mean they would both swivel the same direction (clockwise or counter-clockwise). Will that work?

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are for Sprinter, not PM. Pm seats and Sprinter seats are not the same.
Yes, I was aware that sprinter swivel would not work. But on the site they specifically list a promaster swivel in addition to the sprinter swivel. And I agree that the website name might not be the best if he is also selling ProMaster swivels.

·
Premium Member
8,395 Posts
I looked. Your URL is missing an R. I have no idea but he offers enough measurements to get a good idea. Report back.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
A customer brought in a sprinter that had these swivels. They work fine. I ordered a set for another project and one of them sticks. My advice is to send an email with your order asking them to test before shipping. Owner's name is Mark Wen

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
IMO
I thought I recognized those, he has these on ebay, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Promaster-Van-Swivel-/223573529608?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10, when I looked at the welds and saw them on aliexpress I figured for the same price I'll get some CTA's that meet EU specs.
Actually CTA's are less then those.

Here's were they come from before someone welds the mounting bars on.
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20191115185706&origin=y&SearchText=car+seat+swivel

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought one of these and it is a total pain! The bolt holes don’t exactly line up and the seatbelt buckle doesn’t allow it to swivel. It will need lots of modifications to work.

I thought maybe I got the wrong one so I sent a message asking. The response I received was:

“Hello, this swivel fitting sprinter, pro master and transit
Best regards
Mark Wen”

I haven’t been able to get any other detailed information or follow up from the company.

I would strongly encourage everyone to steer away from these and go with something more specialized and with better customer service!

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
I just bought one of these and it is a total pain! The bolt holes don’t exactly line up and the seatbelt buckle doesn’t allow it to swivel. It will need lots of modifications to work.

I thought maybe I got the wrong one so I sent a message asking. The response I received was:

“Hello, this swivel fitting sprinter, pro master and transit
Best regards
Mark Wen”

I haven’t been able to get any other detailed information or follow up from the company.

I would strongly encourage everyone to steer away from these and go with something more specialized and with better customer service!
send a photo of the swivel you received

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I started this thread so I guess I should post an update here. I ended up going with CTA swivels ordered from the UK from Leisure Lines. About $380 for both swivels including shipping. I never got a good feeling about these amazing Auto swivels. I was concerned they were built in somebody's garage.

Blog post with more info on my install:

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
My impression of Amazing Auto is that it was an American store front for an Aliexpress seller.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update:

2019 Dodge Ram Promaster 1500. 6-way adjustable seats with lumbar support.

Bought swivel base on eBay from Amazing Auto LLC, Mark Wen.

I decided to bite the bullet and grind off part of the ‘J’ shaped metal piece under the seatbelt buckle. I think I took off about a 1/2”, so that it was even with the bottom of the black metal (lowest point of seatbelt buckle parts). I’m happy I didn’t need to grind off anything else close to the seat belt buckle attachment.

After doing that, the seatbelt buckle cleared when the seat rotated. Yay! I also had to trim the bottom of the black plastic cover about 3/8” so that the cover would also clear when rotating.

I bought six sets of 1” bolts, small washers for inside the rails, larger washers for below the swivel base, and lock nuts. With these parts (not included with base) and the quick cuts, the Amazing Auto swivel base was very easy to install.

There is a little bit of play when it is in a locked position and some of the edges are a little sharp. Otherwise, it works great and I am happy with the outcome.

I wish they would have told me what modifications and parts I would need, included some sort of instructions with the product, or that their customer support was a little better. It would have saved me lots of time on-line, trying to size the bolts, and worrying about cutting into anything.

In the end it worked out and hopefully this post can help others down the road.

73AF94BA-85E1-4BE7-B0A9-1B222163291D.jpeg
Cut line.

Cut off bottom of plastic cover.

Bolt head and small washer, from top.

Large washer and lock but on bottom.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone tried seat swivels from Amazing Auto LLC, the website is www.spinterswivel.com ?

I like the price, and the swivel looks good. I just hate to order and not know if they are junk. They claim the same swivel works for both passenger and driver, but I would think that would mean they would both swivel the same direction (clockwise or counter-clockwise). Will that work?

Thanks for any info!
It says on the website Amazing Auto LLC. "The only swivel that has ALL IN ONE design: with our universal design, this swivel not just fits both driver and passenger sides but it also fits multiple (make/model/year) vans with different parts that come with the swivel. (one swivel fit both driver side and passenger side all you need just flip it)."

1 - 20 of 33 Posts