Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the OEM swivel seats?
I have a winnebago on the 3500 PM chassis. The OEM swivel seats are made by Isringhausen/ISRI USA. I have taken it to PM service with the complaint of seats that move while driving, and after 8 months they tell me "this is a normal characteristic of swivel seats". My friends that are professional drivers, registered professional engineers, and custom car builders for decades cant believe any competent mechanic would come to that conclusion; the problem is with excess clearance in critical connection points that allow the seat to move with any lateral gforce.
If you have these seats, just grab the headrest and see how much it moves. If you're like me and need to be on a stable seat, post here and ill include you on a rapidly growing list of consumers of this defective product that want it fixed.
Ill spin out some hardened bushings to fix the manufacturing defect, and offer to fellow consumers if Isringhausen does not respond soon with a remedy. Shame on ISRI for poor manufacturing and quality control, and FCA for not recognizing they purchasing and including defective components in their products.

·
Super Moderator
10,225 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is the first time (to my knowledge) there has been any complaints about the OEM swivels here, however.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx for the reply and interest. I have a video that shows the defect, but cant post here. i can supply via google drive, or will post on youtube next week if FCA/ISRI dont come thru soon. No professional driver will tolerate the movement, but maybe the average consumer would not be so discerning. it is very unnerving, distracting and annoying to have the seat move when turning, stopping or starting. Go over a speed bump and the moving and clunking will wake most people up, but maybe most just accept it as "normal for a motorhome seat". ??????

·
Super Moderator
10,225 Posts
Do both seats do it? Most people that regularly post here wouldn’t hesitate to complain if they had this problem - as they should.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I posted this elsewhere, but I too had a rocking driver's seat on my 2016 PM 3500. After two visits the entire seat was replaced under warranty. No issues since. Be persistent with your dealer or find another one.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sweet baby jeebus, now I see why you keep complaining about that. Yea, mine don't do that. Surprised you're having trouble getting that replaced.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not a problem with my 2017 with factory swivels. I agree, neither normal nor acceptable. Maybe post to the Travato Facebook group with your video? All the Winnebago travato models have factory swivels. (I did a quick search of the group history but didn't find anyone describing the issue)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not a problem with my 2017 with factory swivels. I agree, neither normal nor acceptable. Maybe post to the Travato Facebook group with your video? All the Winnebago travato models have factory swivels. (I did a quick search of the group history but didn't find anyone describing the issue)
Thanks for your responses, gentlemen. I had Nanaimo Chrysler look at them and they said "all swivels are gonna rock a little", and when I called BS, they begrudgingly (as if it was coming out of their pocket; they getting paid by FCA to take care of us customers!) replaced "bases". I never was shown what they replaced, but presume they would have seen the poor connections between base and seat bucket.. New ones did the same thing, so I checked the serial #s of my originals and the new ones, and found they were likely from the same flawed production run, but the dealer says, "see, all swivels are gonna rock",- and the FCA response after 10 months was "we have concluded this is a characteristic of these seats"... they too stupid to see they putting defective equipment in their product. Again, they should be holding ISRI accountable, not throwing us under the bus. Incidentally, when Nanaimo Chrysler re & re the seats, they dropped the driver seat on my vinyl floor, puncturing in 6 spots, exactly the distance between dowels on the bottom of the seat... Hmmm, cover with carpet, or small claims court? They so busted in the court of public opinion, no one in my gearhead engineering, or energy industry networks will allow anyone they know to go to NANAIMO CHRYLER.
Isringhausen ISRI USA has had the components for 2 months now and no-one is talking. My next step is to post a detailed expose' of the incorrect and excessive clearances on YouTube and send a link to the corporate heads and shareholder groups. So done, we have limited time left to enjoy our otherwise wonderful Itasca RV, and will leave to my survivors to forever inform the consuming public how bad it can be with FCA.
Thanks again for your support, guys.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Seat height a factor?

For what it's worth: I recently had the driver's factory swivel out for something else, so I took a closer look at the seat mechanism with the OP's video (post #5 ) in mind. In the video, the source of rocking at the rear appears to be one of the (4) telescoping height adjustment columns. I'm short-legged (28" inseam) so I keep my seat all the way down. In the fully lowered position, those 4 telescopes are completely collapsed and rigid; they don't wiggle. But as I raised the seat, I noticed a small increasing amount of wiggle in the telescopes, but nothing as excessive as the OP's. Something appears to be wrong with that batch, for sure. But seat height could still help explain why some of us experience more rocking than others. BTW, the 2 telescoping columns on the left side of the driver's seat are visible above the two height adjusting knobs without removing anything. Do adjustable non-swivel seats have the same telescoping mechanism that wiggles?

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
SteveSS,
They have a more conventional system to raise. Spring force and a handle to release the adjustment. No knobs, no telescopes.

Reactions: SteveSS

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Anyone have the OEM swivel seats?
I have a winnebago on the 3500 PM chassis. The OEM swivel seats are made by Isringhausen/ISRI USA. I have taken it to PM service with the complaint of seats that move while driving, and after 8 months they tell me "this is a normal characteristic of swivel seats". My friends that are professional drivers, registered professional engineers, and custom car builders for decades cant believe any competent mechanic would come to that conclusion; the problem is with excess clearance in critical connection points that allow the seat to move with any lateral gforce.
If you have these seats, just grab the headrest and see how much it moves. If you're like me and need to be on a stable seat, post here and ill include you on a rapidly growing list of consumers of this defective product that want it fixed.
Ill spin out some hardened bushings to fix the manufacturing defect, and offer to fellow consumers if Isringhausen does not respond soon with a remedy. Shame on ISRI for poor manufacturing and quality control, and FCA for not recognizing they purchasing and including defective components in their products.
Hello, I find a swivel seat included seat bolt, table, leg rest. reclne back.see picture,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts