Ram Promaster Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Update:

2019 Dodge Ram Promaster 1500. 6-way adjustable seats with lumbar support.

Bought swivel base on eBay from Amazing Auto LLC, Mark Wen.

I decided to bite the bullet and grind off part of the ‘J’ shaped metal piece under the seatbelt buckle (thanks to others on the forum for giving me the confidence to do that!). I think I took off about a 1/2”, so that it was even with the bottom of the black metal (lowest point of seatbelt buckle parts). I’m happy I didn’t need to grind off anything else close to the seat belt buckle attachment.

After doing that, the seatbelt buckle cleared when the seat rotated. Yay!

I also had to trim the bottom of the black plastic cover about 3/8” so that the cover would also clear when rotating.

I bought six sets of 1” bolts, small washers for inside the rails, larger washers for below the swivel base, and lock nuts. With these parts (not included with base) and the quick cuts, the Amazing Auto swivel base was very easy to install.

There is a little bit of play when it is in a locked position and some of the edges are a little sharp. Otherwise, it works great and I am happy with the outcome.

I wish they would have told me what modifications and parts I would need, included some sort of instructions with the product, or that their customer support was a little better. It would have saved me lots of time on-line, trying to size the bolts, and worrying about cutting into anything.

In the end it worked out and hopefully this post can help others down the road.

I posted these same comments, along with a few pictures under a thread for Amazing Auto / SprimterSwivel.com

Thanks for the writeup, I'm sure this will help others. Just for reference, I wondered what the price was on those Amazing Auto LLC swivels. I paid 686.00 USD all in for 2 SwivelsRUs CTA swivels and shipping to Virginia. If you bought those at the price I saw of 236 USD shipped, you saved over 100 USD per swivel for your troubles, seems like a good deal for someone especially now that we know, what we know.

Yeah, they were definitely cheaper. For one, I paid:

Price$199.00
Shipping$52.31
Sales tax$10.05
$261.36​

Hello
Thank you bought my swivel. this swivel is an old model, only 1 1/4 inch height. we have solved this problem, you need to place two 1/2 inch height square tube. so you can turn easily. see pictures.

Well, I came here looking for the torque specs after installing one of my swivels. I found out that I also installed the passenger one upside down!! I do want to thank you for leaving up the post so that others can learn. I just wish I learned before installing mine. :) (now to continue searching for the torque specs for when I flip the swivel and reinstall)

Well, I came here looking for the torque specs after installing one of my swivels. I found out that I also installed the passenger one upside down!! I do want to thank you for leaving up the post so that others can learn. I just wish I learned before installing mine. :) (now to continue searching for the torque specs for when I flip the swivel and reinstall)
Hello. please installation video in toutube.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.