Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been patiently waiting for the swivel seat option to become available for order. As of 2/1/2015 the dealer tells me the swivel seat option still show a late availablity and can not be ordered at this time. The dealer seems to think the swivel is available in the window van, but when he goes to order it in the 159 cargo van that option is shaded out in the computer order form not allowing it.
I have read other threads regardinging after market swivels by Eurovan and other company's,
But I would be more comfortable with a factory set up. Does anyone anything different??

·
Premium Member
8,723 Posts
Anyone know who makes the factory swivel seats for Ram? I'm waiting on the same thing to order my Promaster, but may see if I can get them from the factory.
I haven't even heard that anyone has seen them but they must be great as they are $495 EACH and there are a few seat options that are not compatible as well.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I saw them. My neighbor has a brand new Winnebago Travato with them. They are really nice. Nothing like the aftermarket stuff.

The whole seat base is radically different. They are worth every penny they charge for them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've sat in a few of them at RV lots. They are much more comfortable than the normal factory seats. I'm not sure, but think there are more comfort adjustments on them too. From the little time my wife and I have spent in them, we think they are worth the $500 each, but got an e-mail from a dealer saying they are only available to RV companies.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The Travato seats are indeed awesome. They include a simple pull lever to adjust the seat back; unlike the insufferable giant knob on factory seats. I ordered during the last week for the 2015 model year. The seats were listed as available according to dealer; however, only as a pair. I only wanted passenger so didn't order.

The mfg label on a local Travato:

ISRINGHAUSEN-Win
GMBH & Co KG
D-32655 Lemgo
61130284473-7

·
Registered
625 Posts
The Travato seats are indeed awesome. They include a simple pull lever to adjust the seat back; unlike the insufferable giant knob on factory seats.
Heh, different folks...

I have the knob style adjustment on my Audi, and love it. I can get finer adjustments than with an indexed lever adjustment. Now, I can't pop the seat back up and down quick, but don't expect to do that in the PM. We'll have a bed in the back if I want to recline and relax for awhile

·
Registered
121 Posts
I ride the ferry a lot and it is lot easier when I've been caught sleeping totally reclined to just pull the lever when the deckhand slaps my window to wake me up and drive off upright than to spend the time further embarrassing myself by taking the time to twirl the big knob or drive off semi-reclined holding myself up with the wheel.It doesn't help that the deck crew usually knows me as a fellow ferry employee. That lever is a big part of wanting the factory swivel seats.
I like the idea that the swivel seat option was said to be available in the last week of the 2015 order. It gives me hope for availability when I order the 2016 in June.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We have the swivel seats in our Itasca Viva and they are amazing. Unlike the Mercedes, they put the emergency brake on the left side and they spin 180 degrees with the corner handle. They are really comfortable seats too!

joebeador

·
Registered
331 Posts
2016's with Swivel Seats

I have been patiently waiting for almost 2 years to get the factory swivel seats. I have corresponded with several dealers and each one seems to have a different explanation as to what is going on with the factory swivels. For 2015's the dealer ordering system listed the factory swivels as "available" but dealers indicated that they were "grayed-out" and could not be selected.

About 6 months ago, I called Chrysler Promaster group and opened a case inquiry. The rep was helpful but after about 4 months of back and forth phone conversations, it was clear that he wasn't going to be able to get me an answer.

In April, I emailed Chrysler Customer Service. To my surprise, they responded the next day saying that the factory swivels would be available on 2016's beginning in May. In May, I re-contacted several dealers and got varying answers but the most common reply was that yes factory swivels could now be ordered but only on a window van. I had originally been interested in a window van but since they were only available in the 2500 standard (non-extended) length, I was not interested.

But wait! For 2016, the window van was now going to be a 3500 159 EXT length version. So I decided I would order a 2016 Window Van with the factory swivels. There was a short delay before the 2016 Ordering window opened up, but in early June, I placed my order and put down a $1,000 deposit. About 4 days later the dealer contacted me saying that there was a problem and he had not been able to finalize the order with the factory swivels. It took a couple of days for the dealer to get an explanation as to why the order did not go through, but he finally got a response indicating that due to a "Large Fleet Order Contract", the swivel seat option would not be available for some time. They said maybe 4 months or possibly end of the year before the swivel would be available.

I am guessing that the Large Fleet Order was Winnebago taking all available Swivel Seats.

I finally gave up and bought a 2014 off a dealer lot and will be ordering aftermarket swivels. See my post in the Price Paid Reluctance thread for the model I bought from the dealer in Seattle.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'm going to bet that factory swivel seats will only be an option for upfitters. Never for the average customer.
Wouldn't be surprised if this is true at least for another year. (till 2017 model)

This very thing, and a couple other smaller items, is what's holding up the Transit from taking off in the RV world

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just tried to order the swivels on a 136" Cargo Van - Swivel seats are not available according to my dealer. The option is greyed out.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Someone on this forum already has the OEM swivels on his Promaster, so they were available at some point in time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts